Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this has come up on the redmonkey site, and i figured y'all might want to know about it.

rather than buying an aftermarket kit, order a throttle tube for a ZX10, it WILL fit inside the stock ZX-7R throttle housing and the larger diameter on the tube will effectively give you a 1/4 turn throttle.

so far several ppl have done this and it works every bit as good as any aftermarket kit you'll buy except this one will run you under $20.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could you explain this mod alittle more in depth for all those newbs in the house?

Im guessing this decreased the turning radius of the throttle making riding easier on the wrist?

Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Does this work for older (94) 7's as well?

·
Registered
65 Posts
call me stupid...so does this mean it slips under the old throttle tube then into the housing, or just remove the zx7 and put the 10. also what year zx10

·
Registered
67 Posts
its all true i found this little mod from stezx7r on this forum ive got my throttle tube it was from an 05 and while my bikes in bits at the moment im gonna be doing this mod fingers cross i dont screw it up lol ive also heard but this is uncomfirmed that an r1 throttl tube works in the same manner im still looking it to it but im really not sure just from what ive been told from a guy i know

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.