Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No fabricating whatsoever, Get to your local hardware store and pick up some brackets that look somewhat like the one in the picture below(held it in hand for a size comparison), Used a fairing screw for the application, The brackets are great because you can alter the angle of them by just losening the bolt and re-adjusting, After a bit of trial and error they seem to work the best at just a 120 degree angle as shown on my bike. I'm not doing a step by step on this because, well... Does anyone think thats even necessary?..

Hope this helps someone, and after about 20+ cycles its still working great.

(In other posts some have suggested using a sort of adhesive on the mounting screw, so the bracket wont get out of line over time, which would have your FI light right back on, I suggest just tightening the screw down nice and firm, Since the servo its self dosnt have too much power, It should do fine, Mine has atleast, I'll update if I have any problems with my bracket moving over time)

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add, Make sure notch in the servo is set to 12 oclock, as shown below, before the application of the bracket

(picture taken from another post)

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cdw_industry said:
you must have had to make that bolt really tight for those not to move... is the right?
actually for those 20+ cycles it was fine just tightened down snugly, got bored again later on and decided to glue the brackets together to assure no movement (even though there was none whatsoever), and its still working great.

As for using two brackets though, It would be fine to use just a single longer bracket (hence the 120 degree angle)

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jayandmeli said:
thanks this really helped
I see you live in west palm, have you gotten a chance to get to church street off of okeechobee on tuesday nights?

stuntin till 930, you'll love it

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ALSO, if you havent done any other research on the fix, you're supposed to install the bracket so the ends are facing 9 and 3 oclock, If you install it at an angle as shown in the pics of it installed in my bike, it probably wont function properly. the pictures above show it at its final resting place after switching the bike on and off.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ive been to church street. was there last tuesday. sucks security came shut it down though. what do you ride? we should meet up sometime.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jayandmeli said:
ive been to church street. was there last tuesday. sucks security came shut it down though. what do you ride? we should meet up sometime.
Yea I was there this past tuesday too, Drove a car there though because I was seeing the threads of my back tire on my bike, I'll probably be there this tuesday, my bike is in my avatar

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
i'm kinda new to the 05/06's... why must a bracket be used instead of just leaving the motor in there & letting it spin like the honda's do (buddies 1krr) i also so the arata fix which is similar to the zuk set valve fix but on one has confirmed if it just disables the light all together or if its just for the valve code itself.

·
Registered
287 Posts
For everyone's info,l I just used 1 bracket and bent it down so that it stops on both sides. Only issue now is that it keeps wiggling.

If you just let it spin, kawi will toss an FI light thinking that the servo or wires are bad. you don't have to fix it, but your FI light will stay lit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My servo wont turn to the 12 position. Plus the gears inside it seem stripped. I disconnected it but the light stayed on. :-( o well i think im just goin to buy that replacement part

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My servo wont turn to the 12 position. Plus the gears inside it seem stripped. I disconnected it but the light stayed on. :-( o well i think im just goin to buy that replacement part
Well, hold on just a minute! When I was installing my FI light fix, my servo would never stop at the 12 position either. It may have been stripped too.

So, all I did was turn the bike on and off quickly, not letting the servo move more than a little bit a time, until it was right on the 12. Then I installed the FI light fix. I was worried that the gears would strip or something when I started the bike, but nothing happened. The servo was fine, and the FI light was finally off. No problems whatesoever.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts