Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
are you talking about the clicking noise when you first turn the bike on? If you are, then take it to the dealer. They warrantied mine. The servo motor went bad.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually... Looking at it again my guess is that they don't have the stock muffler anymore, but the servo still operates. Thought you would just disconnect the power intead...

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by StilesB
Actually... Looking at it again my guess is that they don't have the stock muffler anymore, but the servo still operates. Thought you would just disconnect the power intead...

You get an irritating FI light if you do, because the bike does a self-check of the servo every time you turn it on (opens and closes the valve in stock conditions - if you listen to a ZX6 when someone turns on the key, you can hear the valve squeak open and closed.) So the fix is to take off the pulley and put that little arm on that bumps stuff to simlate the valve going all the way in each direction. Kind of a po-ass fix, but it's what most of the pipes come with. There's a wire you can snip going to the ECU that will also solve the problem (can't remember which one, but I read it on here somewhere,) but most people are afraid to cut wires and would rather put the little doobie on.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
It will keep moving when the bike is running, I havnt looked at it with just the ignition on after it does its little self test.. If yours keeps moving there maybe something wrong with the feedback from the servo itself, the motor is just moving a variable resistance and that in turn gives the ecu an idea of where the actual position is, if the "feedback position" is jumping all over then the ecu is going to be trying to correct that.. Thats all i got.. :)

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Originally posted by SkyeHack

where did you get that metal from?
It's a piece that is provided by Akra when you buy their exhaust

·
Registered
710 Posts
I bought a used Yoshimura RS5 Slipon exhaust and it didnt come with the fix. where can I get a fix?
Should hae come with one I would get in contact and tell them to give you one...as for the noise it doesn't last long enough to be annoying I don't get it....?

·
F'ing Catilina Wine Mixer
1,466 Posts
I bought it from EBay and he said you are bidding on what you see..... So since I cant get it from him where else can I get it?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I bought it from EBay and he said you are bidding on what you see..... So since I cant get it from him where else can I get it?
You get it used? If not I would Contact Yoshi and tell them it wasn't in the box.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.