Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
well for one, those aren't HIDs.

an H7 HID bulb will look like this:

and will come with a ballast, with possibly a built-in or external igniter.

two, halogen colored bulbs are crap. the light output is whiter, yes, but you have less output overall. "xenon charged" stuff is bs.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Just opt for the ddm. Ebay lights are junk. And who can complain about a set of 55w h7 from ddm for 50+ shipping. Ive been running my ddm for almost a year in my car and they are great.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to get the DDM just curious was just about the ebay ones never seen them used before.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
i have used the ebay ones up until last month when I used the ddm. ebays have worked for years with out a hitch but you cant beat lifetime warranty with ddm. only issue is what if they go out of business

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
doesnt ddm have lifetime warranty?
Yep. I dunno what would happen if they go out of business...I don't see it happening anytime soon thought because no matter what forum you go on for cars, trucks, bikes, ATV,s etc you always find DDM's name being mentioned lol.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i'd go w ddm. i just did actually, bought a set for the bike and a set for the car.

·
Registered
618 Posts
ive got DDM on my bike, never any problems, every other company ive bought from has been total sh!t (hidextra!!!!)

·
Registered
86 Posts
What size lights are you guys running? Has any1 used 55w lights, if so how did the housing do with heat? I was thinking about running them and drilling a couple small holes for heat dissapation. Good I dea or stupid?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm running DDM 55w on my 06. Have had them for like 2 years now. NO problems. I have a set on my car as well. One bulb went out and got a replacement under the warranty. They take both back and send you 2 just so the color is as close as possible.

Only thing that sucked was they want the bad bulb first and then they send you the new bulbs, but for the price who cares.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts