Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 3 sets of ebc brakes and the have the 4th set sitting waiting till I need them. Never had any problems.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I have a '95 which as the same brake set up. I changed to EBC HH pads and it made a big difference. Initial bite is much better than stock and it doesn't seem to be affecting rotor wear. I have put about 10,000 miles on these pads and I have 1/2 - 1/3 left.

When you change pads you might want to give the inside of the calipers a good scrub with some brake cleaner because the crud that builds up causes the pistons to stick. The "book" says to change the external o-ring pretty often. When I replaced my pads I took the calipers down and changed all the seals (16) at about $3 each. If I were doing it again I would just clean them and reuse them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I use Galfers, I like. Very sticky, when hot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been checking out brake pads online for my 97 6r. The bike still has the originals and are feeling a bit hard. I want to upgrade to a better pad and have found that EBC and Forodo make them for my bike. Does anyone have any experience with either and an opinion on which is better. I'de also like to know if its cool to mount up upgraded pads to the stock rotors. My bike and the rotors of course only have 2,900 miles on it.

BWARE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.