Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a couple questionswith regards to the ECU. First question i have is if the kit ecu that's fully adjustable is the same for '07 and '08 or are they different? same thing goes with the stock ECU's, are the '07 and the '08 ECU's swappable or do the '07 only work in '07 and '08 only in '08?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sure why not. LOL.

Seriously man, from everything I know and have read the 07 and 08 is comp swappable in every way. They are identical bikes in every way other than cosmetics. Hope that helps. What are doing messing with ECUs anyway. Just do the jumper mod and be done with it lol.

Habs

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure why not. LOL.

Seriously man, from everything I know and have read the 07 and 08 is comp swappable in every way. They are identical bikes in every way other than cosmetics. Hope that helps. What are doing messing with ECUs anyway. Just do the jumper mod and be done with it lol.

Habs
LOL, I took it out today and can confirm they are the same. The reason I asked is because I need to replace mine. I was making my own servo elim and it went good and I have it made. I took the sero elim out, turned the bike back on and it worked. I shut it off went back inside. Before I decided to seal the elim up I wanted to take a couple more readings from the plugs, but when I went to turn on the bike the ECU was acting all funny, the good thing out of it all is that the elim is not to blame, the culprit is a short else where which was taken care of. New ECU here I come.. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts