Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to edit a post after posting it? without making a new post or quote?

Maybe we can add that feature in the future...

Thanks,

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sure you can,

There is am icon with a pencil and notpad, thats the edit message button, as long as you are logged in you should be able to edit your posts.

let me know if you are having problems

·
Registered
147 Posts
localbar,

i'm having problems. whenever i login, it will say that i successfully logged in, but then when it takes me back to the forum, the username and password boxes are there again and i have to log back in. it's sort of like it logs me in for 2 seconds and then right back out. so since i can't stay logged in, i don't have the option to edit my posts. this started happening about a week ago, it worked fine before that.

billy m.
1998 ZX6R
WTF is a Gixxer?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same deal with me from day one... I login in each time. Never bothered to check into my problem. When I'll take time let you know. Cookies is enabled. I work in IT field and usually put miscellaneous patches on my machine. IE 6.0 128 Bit with patches Q306121, 316059, and 321232. I tell you one thing there have been some real bugs in some of them. A W98 Network patch from Win Update caused a client machine to by pass login from startup. VB security patch for IE hosed up my Access 2000 DB from certain functions. Probably something updated from WinUpdate.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have the same problem at home and work. home computer is IE 6.0 with probably all updates and work computer is IE 5.5, and i pretty much enable everything on each one...

billy m.
1998 ZX6R
WTF is a Gixxer?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Try this.. I had the same problem.. Dunno if it's just XP or not. Go to your web browser ---> tools ---> internet options ----> privacy and click on edit on the bottom. Where it asks for the address put in http://64.220.22.204 and click on add. Close your browser and come back in. Once you login this time it should keep you settings and password. Hope this helps. =)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I was able to reproduce the problem of getting logged out when I logged in. Its a cookie / privacy issue.

The actual board does not have a web address (it does not live on the zx6r.com server). Art made a server and is using the IP http://64.220.22.204 for this board

By default your browser will block all cookies for ip addresses.

The fix is mentioned above by Art.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.