Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
wtf is wrong with people- went into the mall for MAYBE 10 min, came outside to my bike on its side

right lower is cracked needs raplacement-
right mid is scraped up- ill be sanding n painting soon
left lower where it attaches to the frame near the kickstand is broken off
& exhaust was pushed in closer to my swing arm, luckily the lower bolt was semi loose it didnt bend or scratch the exhaust just sorta moved it .

fucking cant stand punks

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Man, you don't really have the greatest luck. Which mall were you at?

·
Hooligan
1,704 Posts
just londonderry, but after raging n checking security cameras- (where i normally park, the cameras dont see... surprise surprise )

totally wasnt paying attention to the time... highschool across the street... was just after lunch hour...

and its true i have the strangest luck with vehicles .

nail in my new tire last week, now this

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
Gonna bump the thread and say that, anyone looking for help getting their bike ready for the upcoming season should get in touch with me. I could use a little extra scratch.

·
Registered
138 Posts
not 100% sure where i will be over this summer, but my wife is applying for Jobs in and around the Edmonton area, so i may end up needing a guide to some of the nicer routs to ride on. hopefully you guys can school me on the riding in the area.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My wife and I have moved to Barrhead AB, just over an hr north of Edmonton. been taking the bike out on the country roads a bit, its not the Rockies, but compared to Winnipeg the rolling hills may as well be :p
I have come into Edmonton a couple times on the bike just to look around town some, still not to familiar with the city.
Been looking all over for some good routs to take, not to much has popped up so far. I know i want to hit the Rockies at some point, being a prairie boy, hitting up the twisties has been a dream of mine, hell anything with elevation change and a direction change is awesome.

Seeing as i can actually afford motorcycle insurance here in AB, im already starting to think of upgrading my bike. in MB, the 400r is all i could afford insurance wise (still cost over 3k a year with a clean record) might be time to gift my 400r to the wife and move on to the 636 which i have been eying up for the last couple months.

I have also been looking for places to buy gear/accessories/parts, where do you guys shop? Im used to avoiding dealerships as in WPG there are tons of shops that specialize in aftermarket products and service and tend to not bend you over as much as the dealerships do on the price of stuff. There WAS a Honda powersport shop here in Barrhead, it closed this Thursday (learned the hard way, i cleaned my chain just to learn that apparently my chain lube didn't make the trip from wpg to here, and now there is nowhere to buy it close to me ><)

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,551 Posts
From what I have found, there's not a ton of great riding roads around Edmonton. I prefer the mountains as well, as I am originally from Edson, and it was only an hour ride to get into them.

If you do come into the city, be careful just ripping around, as the streets are shitty and dangerous, and there's quite a few cops out these days.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Had some family in town for a visit, we ended up taking the truck to Jasper for the weekend. Was my first time there, absolutely beautiful! Defiantly want to go with my bike.
Slev i was checking out your ride report thread, I'll have to take a spin through Elk Island, looks nice in there.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts