Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner attempted to install an integrator kit on my 2000 zx6r. The lights blink, as they should, but do not continue to blink when I apply the brakes. Is there an easy fix?

Also, I was thinking about using both the integrator ( I am not sure if it is an actual integrator, but it works...look like it has a "Car" side and a "trailor" side....???) and some new signals. How can I get a new harness adaptor for the rear sigs? He trimmed the wires so close I can't hook it back to stock!

I'm lost.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The same problem happened to me before. I went to Pepboys and bought the Power signal integrator which has 1 extra wire goes direct to your battery. It solved the problem.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Usually what happens when you use an integrator is that the turn signals blink more quickly when the brakes are applied. This can be cured by replacing the stock flasher relay with an aftermarket solid state relay from Auto Zone or some such for about $10. You might try that first, but it look like the other guy might have something hooked up incorrectly. It is pretty straigt forward. On the car side you have right turn signal, left turn signal, brake, tail light and ground. On the trailer you have, right turn signal, left turn signal, tail light and ground. They might be marked exactly like that but you get the idea. Hook all the stock bike wires to the car side. On the trailer side you will hook the both grounds from the tail light to the ground, both tail light wires (here you have to experiment, the one with the weakest light will be the tail light) and then the right and left turn signal wires to their respective spots.

When you are done you will have a wire left over (oops!) Not really. that wire that goes to the old license plate light can just be taped up.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I use my integrator with the LEDs in my undertail. Just parallel them in with the turn signal wires. Something is wrong with your setup though. They should NOT stop blinking when you apply the brakes. I can't think of a state where it's not against traffic laws for a blinker to stop when the brake comes on, so methinks it didn't start out that way. Could be that the integrator is just bad. If you can't figure it out, draw us a diagram of the wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.