Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 vulcan 1500. Main fuse corroded on solenoid so I ran a piece of wire to get me home . Problem is I forgot about it. I put a batwing on the bike so I had to extend the indicator lights. A few touched while installing. I mention above to give details to power being allowed to travel through main fuse. Bike runs fine and everything works except indicator lights. Neutral light is constant with bike on acc, ad flickers when it's running. Oil light does not work now other than the occasional on off when I hit the starter button for a split second. Nothin when acc is on or when I hit the kill switch. The only thing I know they have in common is the one power wire that runs from box.... I'd think that wire is bad but it also goes to all light throughout the bike and other switches. Everything else works. I can deal with the neutral light but the
Bike needs rings this winter, so the oil light is kinda important . Any ideas? Also before its asked... If I ground out either switch wire to Frame the indicator light will come on, so bulbs are good... Not sure if I semi fried all my switches with backfed power. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if its personal... No. One ever seems to want to help on this site. Guess ill have to figure it out on my own

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
No offense but this site is more geared towards sport bikes, and it appears nobody wants or is able to help you out.

So you basically jumpered across the main fuse, then wired up some lights after installing a fairing, and managed to short something out while lengthening the signal wires. Is that right? I'm not sure why you'd do electrical work on anything without disconnecting the power, but ok, shit happens. Sounds to me that you probably overheated a wire and shorted it to something else or perhaps caused a high resistance connection. It may be easiest to look for a replacement wire harness, otherwise you'd need to disconnect one wire at a time and test for abnormalities with a meter. I'd check ebay and see if you can find one for a decent price. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts