Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a zx6r g2, recently it decided to stop dead mid ride for no apparent reason up until then absolutely no problems apart from having to change battery, With my multimeter all checked out ok which pointed to the IC igniter, got second hand one which when plugged in produced spark, bike will only just turnover and run on choke for a few minutes, so after examining the spark which was only orange, got new plugs which now produces blue ish spark, but bike wont even turnover, can anyone help, is it possible I've damaged something after all the checking I've done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It sounds like a lack of battery power. When you crank it what does the battery go down to? It may be possible for the battery to get a little to low and an older alternator might not be able to keep up with the power demands. I wouldnt think it was wiring as the thing just wouldnt work then.

Gareth

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your bike shuts off so suddenly, it is most likely electrical.
Just an idea, but a friend of mine had the problem of his kickstand coming down, and thus shutting the bike off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If your saying the bike is Cranking but not Firing then you still have either a spark or a fuel problem but if the bike isnt even cranking or going dead mid crank you starter went or your batt needs to be replaced or charged, earlier in you post you mentioned that your battery was already charged, if it is constantly going dead it is most likely that your generator(alternator) is bad.

P/S Let me know how you make out.

-Motocyco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.