Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i finally got the bike back together, and tried jumping it. Ill turn the key to the on position and everything lights up like it should and the fuel pump kicks on to prime. I jumped it a couple times. one time I rode it down the street, and came back. shut it off, and tried jumping it again like an hour later and no guages or anything, even lights and starter didnt turn on. (there was a def good connection)

I bridge the solenoid and it fires right up. all guages and electronics work. i picked up a new solenoid and checked all fuses on the bike, main off the solenoid and then the ones under the tail.

If i tried to jump it, i would turn the key, nothign lights up, no brakes or anything, no priming, and ill click the start button and nothing, as soon as i cross the solenoid so it starts, it runs turns on, all guages work, all lights, fuel pump, and even the starter button works, (i hear it engage)

I just put the new battery in today also and still does the same thing as if i was jumping it. weird eh? is there a revse way to have the solenoid? maybe thats what i did wrong?

What do you guys think? let m e know thanx

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry to hear that James, I know you wan't to get out riding that thing. One time my run switch mech plug came loose and acted like yours, check where the wire goes and see if it maby popped out?? Peace

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Not actually sure what you took apart on the bike to help narrow your search down.
but from what you said you turn the ignition key and everything worked the 1st time.
Yet after your ride, when you tried to restart..NO lights or anything when you turned the key back on? Is that right?

if that is the case there is going to be something related to the ignition and a matter of tracking down the culprit...
what was the jump starting you talked about? which technique you use for that?
many variables that need to be answered to get a solid insght into your issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.