Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been reading around and noticed alot of riders eliminating rear fenders w/o buying a kit, so i gave it a try. Not the best job I could have done, but it did cost me less than five bux. I went with the L-bracket method, should've bought a 3/4 stock but well I didnt. Sooner or later I will upgrade to the 3/4 stock (with the bending and welding) but for now this is what I got. It didnt take that long to accomplish and I think it turned out OK.

Post your pix if you have done this would like to see everyones MOD

The good ol stock fender ^

and now for the hack job's

and last but not least the end results.

oop's wrong pic^

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did this mod perhaps 3 weeks ago. However I wanted to save the old fender so I created my own bracket some from extra metal. Put some LEDs on there instead of the old stock orange monsters. IMO they are much brighter and looks super cool at the same time... I recommend picking up a dremel and cleaning up those cuts, but good job. It looks 10x better already!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flush mount signals

looking to find some flush mount signals sooner or later and eliminate thos dino.... turn signals
front and back anyone recommend a ceartain brand???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry no cam at the moment, it has the tiniest memory card and I just happened to lose it.

As for signals many recommend flush mounted for the front, as the stock ones risk poking holes in your fairing in the case of a drop. I haven't switched out my front signals but the rear ones are led.
Go to your local bike shop and look for something that suits your style and can use the pre-existing mounts on the fender. If the lights have less resistance (as in the case of my leds) you need to change the relay out. You may require a trailer harness for this.
Anyway, the guys at ex-500.com can explain it a million times better than I can, and they have pics! Wish I had a link for you! I'm quite useless in that respect. Goodluck... happy riding! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
speaking of turn signals....

I was going to fiberglass the fronnt fairing and close up the hole for the turn signals and put some flushmounts right there but all I see is the two wire signals is there a way to modify a two wire signal to a three wire? I know that with a two wire it will work, but I wont have the safety "driving light" on, they'll just flash when signal is on.

I think the signal will still be pretty visable put where the hole for the old signals were. (Which mine will be fiberglassed and no longer have a hole to fight with) as long as I get ones that are not "Covered" as in lights in all directions such as the set above and make sure they are nice and bright at all times which is why I want the 3 wire set up to have them on at all times while the bike is running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts