Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 06 ZX6R. Can't find much on these guys but they are on STG.com so can't be too bad. On their website they are selling the Stage 4 for $800 so I think STG's pricing is way off right now.

Anybody running one? Is it worth the cash or is there another year/model bike that might have a better shock I can just swap out?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bike is a 06 ZX6R. Can't find much on these guys but they are on STG.com so can't be too bad. On their website they are selling the Stage 4 for $800 so I think STG's pricing is way off right now.

Anybody running one? Is it worth the cash or is there another year/model bike that might have a better shock I can just swap out?

Thanks for any info.
I am running the same shock on my 06 ZX6RR track bike and have been just as pleased with it as I am with the ohlins on my current R1 and the penske on my last r1. It is worth the cash and no, you will not find an oem shock from another bike that will be even close to an aftermarket shock that is custom made (as all elka shocks are) for your bike.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I am running the same shock on my 06 ZX6RR track bike and have been just as pleased with it as I am with the ohlins on my current R1 and the penske on my last r1. It is worth the cash and no, you will not find an oem shock from another bike that will be even close to an aftermarket shock that is custom made (as all elka shocks are) for your bike.
Look up racetech.com. You can get the stock shock internals replaced (springs and internal valving) for around $300. It rivals an complete aftermarket shock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts