Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked one of these up and was wondering if anyone else has one installed on their bike. The guy I got it from was the 2nd owner and didn't have the install instructions. I reached out to Elka and they didn't have any either (WTF!). Really I'm just looking for pics of where you put the reservoir. The hose is really short and I'm not seeing anywhere this can be mounted without it hitting something when the swingarm moves up and down. Pics would be super helpful if you have them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
That was the best pic I had. The shock was mounted so the reservoir hose was at the lower (swingarm) shock mount and the reservoir was mounted directly across on the opposite leg of the swingarm. This way they both moved together with the swingarm. I will try to snap a pic for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So I don't currently have it installed, but here is a pic showing the general orientation. Replace the Penske with the Elka and you can see how it fits.
IMG_20210110_223335417med.jpg

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can’t see from the pic. Generally these things get mounted to the frame for good reason. I was told it had to do with cavitation... could be incorrect, in fact likely it is.. There’s no way to put it in the other way round though ?? Just seems wrong

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I don't get why they didn't put a longer hose on there. The way PeaPod has it mounted is literally the only way to go given the hose length.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me this seems to want to be attached with 2 jubilee clips to the sub frame that runs adjacent to the shock and spring under the seat.
Normally the sub frame would attach either side but on the ER6 it has a one on left side and one off center it is this off center one which I believe is your best chance of a good fit without anything hitting it or shaking it about.
If you mount it with the compression adhuster down towards the engine this will be correct but may make adjustment a bit cumbersome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts