Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my bike down for the first time last thursday august 8th... me and a buddy were cruising on a 4 lane highway with no traffic at about 10 p.m. i had just recently learned to do rolling endos.. i could can roll them from about 50 mph so i figured alright i'll try one from 70 so i could roll farther (not smart).. as soon as i pulled the rear up the front started shaking out of control and i knew i was goin over.. i went over the front and the bike went over too landin on me.. i hit head first.. my helmet saved my life.. i had a bad concussion and road rash(no broken bones).. the bike is pretty bad.. bent both forks all plastic... i hope its totalled so i can get me a 636[:p]... i got a big reality check from my accident.. i wont ride again without leathers (road rash blows).. funny too cuz the squids i ride with still dont wear there helmets half the time after seeing what happened to me.. oh well they'll learn someday.. well are some pics of me and my bike..

right knee
/forum/uploads/bs121583/right_knee.jpg

road rash on my ass
/forum/uploads/bs121583/ass.jpg

couple pics of my helmet
/forum/uploads/bs121583/helmet1.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/helmet2.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/helmet3.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/helmet4.jpg

my boots (wrong kind i know)
/forum/uploads/bs121583/boot.jpg

my Teknic Supervent jacket
/forum/uploads/bs121583/jacket1.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/jacket2.jpg

and the bike
/forum/uploads/bs121583/can1.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/headlight.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/rear.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/right.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/tail.jpg
/forum/uploads/bs121583/windscreen.jpg

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I would say at least $3000 or more depending on if you use all new parts and where you get it done at. Looks like if you had some good riding pants you would be in alot less pain. Sorry about the bike but maybe it will be totalled and you will get an 03 6r.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the guy that is doin the estimate for me runs a small certified cycle repair shop.. the tank had a very small scratch but he wrote that off for me too.. both forks, radiator, all plastic, front rim, tank, both triple clamps, and small minor things.. my knee is definately the worst of my injuries..

·
Registered
165 Posts
DAMN Dude, glad you wear a helmet! Mine saved my life as well, through 2 offs! Glad your injuries are not any worse than they are.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Any reasons on why the endo went bad? Did you not depress your forks for a second before you slammed the brake, loose gravel??

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have probably saw videos of people crashing while doin endos. The front wheel starts shaking back and worth and over they go. Well thats exactly what happened to me but at a very high speed. As soon as i pulled the rear up i knew i was goin too fast. It shook violently and went right over. Big mistake on my part

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had an accident where I put a about a 1.25-1.5 inch diameter hole in my knee, you could see the bone, it sucked but didn't really hurt. probably cause of the adrenalin. a friend of mine flipped his gixxer got a bunch of road rash, said it hurt like a freakin bitch.

As for the bike being totaled I was up at Argo Cycles in NH cause my friend was gonna buy a cbr900rr (they sold it and he got a 929rr instead) but one of the salesman said it takes hardly anything to total a bike, they had zx12r that had a few ver minor scratches on the can and small scratches on the little fins that stick out on teh lower part of the fairing, the bike had been just dropped on both sides no speed invloved and the bike was declared totaled, they also had a new cbr600rr that was totaled, I couldn't find any more than the usual scrathes you get while riding from sand or small rocks but it was totaled. he said the insurance company will declare it totaled so easily because they add up the price to replace (no repainting, all new parts) all the damaged parts with factory originals which are really expensive and that adds up pretty quick so your bike is way beyond totaled.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tryin a rolling endo at 70mph...you must have nuts the size of cantelopes. you god damn maniac. Road rash does suck, it leaves scars but they will give you good drugs for it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ever heard of steering stabilizer? i wouldn't try to roll an endo at 40 mph if i didn't have one on.

btw i roll my stopies @ abt 90 mph smoothly with my scotts damper set to harderst :)

sorry to hear about what happened to ya though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.