Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have to follow the engine break in precisely?
Im having difficulty keeping the rpms under 4000k.

Also can I let loose once in a while?

·
Registered
579 Posts
You could let loose once in a while. Just don't over do it. You want the ridge in the cylinder walls to be at the most minimal. Try to keep the engine under 5k at least for the half of the break in. Then you can open up a little bit more to say about 9k. Just remember to don't ride at a constant RPM. You want to get those parts to break each other in nice and good.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
It's next to impossible to go by the break in recommendations. To not break 4k rpm's, you wouldn't be able to get over 50 mph. Don't exceed 4k too much, but they key is to vary your rpm's like Greenenvy said. Goose on it here and there but don't redline it. It's bulletproof but take it easy the first 500.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Hokie hit the nail on the head... and so did GreenEnvy. :D

It's hard to break a motor in per the guidelines, that's for sure! My buddy has a CBR1000 and is miserable that he doesn't really know what it feels like to open it up yet because he's breaking it in.

·
Registered
562 Posts
It's all about flexuating the rpm's, you can't hold it too long at a certain rpm. I never took mine over 7500 during break in. Yes as soon as you do your 600 mile service you can slowly start taking it higher in rpm's. I didn't acually beat on mine til around 1500 miles. [:Agree] with David.

--Anthony

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just ride the bike and dont worry about it. Just dont rapp it out to 15,000 rpm. do some research on heat cycles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.