Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant you call kawasaki to find out? i think they have a line for that, ill look for the number.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Need some help from someone that knows if a complete cylinder head from a 1993 ZX6 E model will fit on a ZX6 D engine. i am told the E engine will bolt right in a D model bike, but am unsure about this. the part numbers from kawasaki are SLIGHTLY different, but i think that is to differentiate the years.

ZX600D4 cylinder head -11008-1241
ZX600E1 cylinder head -11008-1273

if someone could confirm this i could fix my bike very cheaply based on the part i found on ebay....help would be awesome guys thanks.

Update: engien is completely out of my bike, and i pulled the cams off and teh head off, and the head looks EXTREMELY BAD. 3 broken valves all in teh #2 cylinder and the 4th one is bent. 2 of them are mashed and melted sideways into the head, its not pretty. slight hole in the piston. pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You might as well buy the head that's on ebay. If it works, great. If it doesn't, then you aren't out too much money. The chances of anyone on here knowing if the parts will swap is slim to none.

If Leon wasn't sure, then that's about as close as you're going to get to a decent answer.

Ian.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ya man, if Leon says something about that engine, that's almost as good as calling Kawasaki, which is what you should do anyway. There's a lot of similarities and a lot of differences between the D and E. Call Kaw up man.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I emailed Leon about it, but havent heard back from him yet. If he thinks it will
"probably fit" ill go ahead and get it. what number for kawasaki should i call?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.