Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All help and info needed please

1st- I have a 1995 zx6r

problem- Before i brought it in to get jetted and a hindle high moutn exhaust, if the bike wasn't warmed up for like 10-15 minutes prior to riding it would go about 200 feet in 1st gear and then bog down and eventually cut off. I figured this was a jetting problem and just to have the carbs cleaned.

--i just got the bike back today, they say they put a new fuel filter, new plugs, factory stage 1 jet kit, cleaned the carbs, hinde full high mount exhaust.

--still has the same problem but feels a little worst, lets me hit about 5,000 rpm in first or second won't go any higher, then eventually bogs down and shuts off

--Any suggestions or info, Please Let me know

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Take a spare key and put it in the lock for the tank.
Take the bike out for a ride, and when it starts to bog down, open the tank.

If it gets better, the fuel cap vent is clogged.

If its not the cap preventing the fuel from flowing at the proper amount, I would then look at the fuel pump or the cutoff switch being restricted.

And if its not that that leaves the carb diaphrams, one of which might be damaged.

That's just off the top of my head. Others will add more ideas.
BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know what that seemed to help, what do you mean by the fuel cap being clogged?

what can i do to fix this??

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
There are two vents on the tank. One comes out the bottom of the tank and has a hose connected to it that exits on the left side of the bike near the bottom of the fairing. The others is a small vent in the gas cap itself. If the vents are not working the tank will develop a vacuum and fuel won't be pumped to the carbs. If opening the gas cap caused an improvement I would check the vents. The bottom one is easy, just blow into it. The cap vent might be a little more difficult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.