Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man it still sounds like it's your carbs....

OR perhaps it's getting too much air, when you say hacked airbox, what exactly does that mean?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Sounds like some kind of fuel problem. Not enough of it to be exact.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Dude, I gotz a 94 ZX6 and it just started doing the same thing. My Senario was: On Highway, switched to reserve, 2 minutes later held her from 3rd to 5th, let of gas and throttle felt like I was runnin out of gas. Didn't run out made it the 5km back home, but it wouldn't accelerate with wide open throttle. I Drove it yesterday, start and idels fine, but chokes itself when given full throttle. Will acel with slow but steady throttle, but not very well. Normally starts to cut-out around 5 to 7k. Local shop said valves ($350 to adjust), another person said plugs, another said fuel filter. I'm getting a filter today and trying that. Tell me if the plugs worked!! I'll post here again to help you out!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe something it stuck in the fule line preventing you from feeding enough gas through?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thought it was the carburators but got a different set with stage 1 jet kit and cleaned the high and low speed jets out so they are clean.

When I hit a certain point with the gas handle it will cutout, but if I keep it just under that point it will keep accelerating and build up the RPM's, make sense??

I got new spark plugs im going to put in later today, and Im going to get the carbs sinked/synked.
What do you guys think the problem is???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did the fuel filter help? I dont think my bike has a fuel filter.

I put new NGK resistors in today (stupid radiator lines right in the way of cylinder 2 and 3, arrrrrrrrr)and finally got it all back together and took it out for a ride. Didnt go that far, probably 2 miles.
I cranked it open couple times on the way away from home and it cut out, but then I turned around and headed back home and cranked it open and Oh my god! I bout fell off the bike. First time its ever took off. I had a smile so big on my face :D
Seems like it is better, but I am driving it to work tonite so I will know for sure in the morning, I will post back then.
My dad says it may be the coils going out, maybe so im not sure. I plugs all the plugs on the bike tighter while I put the plugs in, but I dont think any of them were loose. If its not fixed I may look into the coils and that valve thing you are talking about.
ANyway ill reply tomorrow, lol.....

Originally posted by adriandaemen

Hey Dude, I gotz a 94 ZX6 and it just started doing the same thing. My Senario was: On Highway, switched to reserve, 2 minutes later held her from 3rd to 5th, let of gas and throttle felt like I was runnin out of gas. Didn't run out made it the 5km back home, but it wouldn't accelerate with wide open throttle. I Drove it yesterday, start and idels fine, but chokes itself when given full throttle. Will acel with slow but steady throttle, but not very well. Normally starts to cut-out around 5 to 7k. Local shop said valves ($350 to adjust), another person said plugs, another said fuel filter. I'm getting a filter today and trying that. Tell me if the plugs worked!! I'll post here again to help you out!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by Andy_7676

Man it still sounds like it's your carbs....

OR perhaps it's getting too much air, when you say hacked airbox, what exactly does that mean?
Just sawzawed the box down and wrapped a filter around it. Old design was retarded. Later down the line Im going to run individual filters off each carb. Want to make sure its getting enough fuel first before I start modding it. BTW the headers in my signature are not on the bike yet, so it should have no problem fueling with stage 1 and a hacked airbox.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah so I picked up a fuel filter & some plugs. Shit got late, so I'm doin it to-nite. Your bike must have at least one fuel filter, mine has 2 at the tank {1 for each line} and 1 at the fuel pump. Check out parts diagrams @ wwww.buykawasaki.com for locations of filters. Will also post tomoro.

Adrian Daemen

·
Registered
67 Posts

My problem was a dirty fuel filter, right before the fuel pump. Works awsome now!!!
Awesome!!

But mine is not, lol.

I found a picture on buykawasaki.com but cant link it to the site.
It shows a canister (16165)coming off the back of the gas tank line and it has 4 hose adapters on it that go to various locations. I do not have this canister on my bike. It does say on the right to all of the parts CA, maybe its something to do with CA emissions?

I cant find the fuel filter on the site, arrrr

IF someone would look and see if they could id appreciate it!
1989 Ninja 600R

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Found my filter @ that site under the Fuel
Evap something or other heading. No matter what year you bike is it has to have a fuel pump! And before the fuel pump there is a filter. Even old dirt bike have them. Mine was located below carbs towards the back of the bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I Found my filter @ that site under the Fuel
Evap something or other heading. No matter what year you bike is it has to have a fuel pump! And before the fuel pump there is a filter. Even old dirt bike have them. Mine was located below carbs towards the back of the bike.
Your bike has a fuel pump section, mine doesnt. Cant find it anywhere. Im beginning to think that it is an intake filter/pump too maybe. Guess I will tear it apart tomorrow and hope so...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.