·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been filling in a datatag doc and noticed my frame number is
JKAZX600JJAO xxxxxx
and engine number is
ZX600FEO yyyyy
(x and y substituted for real number cos i dont trust anyone)

has my bike got an F engine fitted?
is my bike a j or j2?
or is it perfectly normal
thx
al

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was just the F in the engine number cos i noticed the 2 J's in the frame number.
i suppose F models have a D on their engine or something equally as unfathomable.

oh and ivans jets are numbered differently to the stock numbers and have no relevance. smaller number but bigger jet.
so said a dude at an english retailer.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
it was just the F in the engine number cos i noticed the 2 J's in the frame number.
i suppose F models have a D on their engine or something equally as unfathomable.

oh and ivans jets are numbered differently to the stock numbers and have no relevance. smaller number but bigger jet.
so said a dude at an english retailer.
hmm.. i guess so. i wonder what the scale they use to measure is.. or what the conversion is between different companies.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it wouldnt suprise me if they all operated a policy of non cooperation/secrecy so as to keep the buying public in the dark.
maybe if you force one down, what we english aptly call, your japs eye, and see how long with a full bladder to fill a coffee cup and then compare with this with the standard jet.
i think this would work

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.