Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check that the wires not off the fuel pump and all the plug leads are on.

Not easy to say without seeing it

Ash

Live to ride, Erm Erm, Where are my Car Keys ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey all, I just got my bike back from the dealership that's repairing it for an insurance claim (low-speed highside). It's wasn’t quite done yet, there was supposedly still some cosmetic work left, but apparently they took it for a “test drive” and it ran perfectly fine, so figured it was safe for me to ride for the weekend.

Anyhow, I took it out of the shop right as they were closing, and started heading home. As I was moving along I noticed that as tried to get the bike up to 60km/h, it begins to really hesitate. The higher the gear I’m in, the harder and harder it gets push the bike past that speed. I can go from 0-50 in first gear and the bike runs perfectly smooth, so revs don't have anything to do with it I guess. By the way, there's only 910km on the bike, so this isn’t from any gradual wear/accumulation. And just to be sure, I drained the carbs and checked to see if there was any water in them, but found none at all. It almost feels like the bike's not getting any fuel...

I guess I'll be able to take the bike back in in 4 days, but damn, I really wanted to ride it for these days off. It’s been over 5 bloody weeks since the accident!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me as I picked up my bike from the shop after a high speed lowside. Ended up being a hose was not connected in the intake area that I believe had something to do with the float bowls in the carbs. It was an easy fix - just look around the hoses in the intake area under the forks. The connection was a single hose that connects to a "y" splitter to the front intake. I'm almost positive that is what's causing the bogging and hesitating. I could get to 45-50 in the lower gears but any higher and the bike stuttered BIG time. Hope this helps.

"It's not the size of the Gun but the caliber of the Bullet that makes the biggest hole!" -SDF

·
Registered
165 Posts
Glad I was able to help ya Bro!

"It's not the size of the Gun but the caliber of the Bullet that makes the biggest hole!" -SDF

·
Registered
327 Posts
You trying to get your post count up there yratellim? Same thing 3 times?

[:eek:)]

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.