Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start with cleaning the connections at the battery (terminals and cable lugs), clean the ground for the battery (the end where the cable attaches to the frame), clean the positive and ground terminals and lugs on your starter. If there is no ground terminal on you starter, clean the parts on the housing of the starter where it would get its ground from. Scotchbrite works well, but if there is visible corrosion, you will need to neutralize the corrosion, and go from there. Hopefully this will help you out.

Kelsey

·
Registered
65 Posts
This happens only once in a great while, but it still happens. When I'm starting my bike, it will all of a sudden lose its connection and stop. It makes a god awful sound, I thought I froze the engine up the first time it happened. When I try to start it again, it struggles to make a connection so I have to hit the starter a bunch of times and then it goes over.

The local shop told me it was something with the wiring and their only suggestion w/o tearing the bike apart themselves was to look at the starter button to make sure it wasn't corroded. I took it apart and it's fine and the rest of the wiring looks brand new. I can't figure out what it could be. It's really embarrasing.

'97 ZX6R
D&D slip-on, geared, custom fender kit

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.