Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am looking at getting some engine mount frame sliders for my 2003 636, and was wondering if there was any difficulty putting them on. Such things as, does the engine drop when you pull one side mount off, and if so what actions to take. Any info would be very helpful. Thank-You, RIX636.
(what type's would you recommend and where to get them?)

·
Registered
51 Posts
It was an easy install. You pull the bolt and nut out and install the new one. It is a strait foward install. You will have no problem. The lockhart phillips are cool looking and about 60 bucks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I got the Vortex sliders from Kneedraggers for about 60. They have a replacable slider puck so if you use them you can buy replacement pucks for a lot less money than a whole new slider.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Vortex here. Take note: the left side has a nut on the back side of the frame bolt. Just be sure to put your hand back there to save some time looking for it.;)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Originally posted by mred
Vortex here. Take note: the left side has a nut on the back side of the frame bolt. Just be sure to put your hand back there to save some time looking for it.;)
Actually, both sides have a nut.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I thought the right side was welded on? I checked during install and there was nothing loose on mine...Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by jlamb30
Both of my nuts came out. [:0] [:p] :D
Did it hurt?[:p] I'm going to check mine when I get home. Damn nuts...:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.