Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1985 zx-6r and when the bike it idoling around 1000 rpms u can hear a really loud knockin in the engine but when i bring the rpms up to about 1.5-2 thousand u cant hear it...it disapears....see its an old bike so it could be anything....but its comming from the engine...anyone know whatb it is? could it be serious....and it only makes this sound when its idoling...theres 44000 km on the engine

·
Registered
315 Posts
im taking a swag here. does it smoke excessively, burn oil? the knock could be coming from the piston actually slapping against the inside of the cyclinder cuz the sleeve is worn into too much of an "egg" shape. ive seen it happen in cars. youd be getting very high amounts of crankcase pressure. but it does run better on higher rpms. could be crank knock too. if a main is too old it can actually make the crank knock up and down or side to side cuz the bearings or crank is worn out. just a couple possibilities. dont want to scare you, i mean, im just going by what youre telling me.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Another possiblity is a rod knock. They are worse at low rpm when the oil pressure is lowest. They are worse after the engine warms up a bit. Piston slap usually is worse when cold.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the feed back guys..but it still makes the noise after its warmed up....and i have put plus gas in it...so its not that..hm.....i think the engine is jst fucked up....:(...im goin to drive er untill she dies...also it just started sputerin at 6000 rpm....i think its the carb..anyone know anythin abou this..well thanks all..im also a little drunk so something might not sounds normal to you lol but it does to me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.