Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if you want to do it the easiest way, remove the front forks, remove the rear swingarm, remove the fairings, place remains of bike on the ground, remove engine mount bolts, tap engine in several strategic locations, and lift the shell up and off of the motor.

That's what I did, anyway.
BC.

------

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
280 Posts
2nd gear has been gone on my bike for about a month or so. Since I've just about had it with skipping 2nd gear and going to 3rd, I'm finally getting it fixed.

I know I have to remove the engine to do it and I have the factory service manual to get through the details. The job looks pretty straight forward but I'm concerned about supporting the engine and how to actually pull it out from the bike.

Do I need to jack the bike off the ground to get clearance? Also, explain how to best support the engine if you can.

Thanks!

------

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP
flushmount v's, valter moto rearset adjusters, tank guard. Removed decals, 2002 rear fairing, Pyramid hugger

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can do it with the forks and swing arm on. You will need to take the front fender off, and the front rim. Use a jack with some wood on the oil pan to support it as you lower it. Keep an eye on the front of the motor as it might want to fall forward once its clear of the frame.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.