Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I park in the same spot at work and at home every day. Both are out of sight and safe, but I was thinking as I warmed up my bike (5-10 mins each morning and night), whether the incline or decline angle of the spot would have any long term effects on the engine. Here is what I mean:

At work, I park in a garage and the bike is angled backwards because of in the spot location and inclined slope.

At home the bike is angled forwards necause of the slope in the concrete path.

Is one better than the other? isnt the oil intake for the pump at the filter? So couldnt the bike angled backwards starve the system a little?

I notice that when I take the bike off the kickstand I lose a couple degrees in the upright position. I assume this is because the opposite side of the kickstand has less oil and warms up slower. Is this the same for forward and rear incline?

Sorry, I know. I think about useless weird stuff too much. But since its winter, it takes a while to warm up the bike and so I have plenty of time to think.

·
Registered
310 Posts
it could over time have an effect i think the best thing to remember is keep good clean oil and filters in the bike and watch the coolant...really good maintenance will make a bigger impact in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I would have to say no effect either way. The sumps on our bikes are deep enough to feed the oil pump at a pretty steep angle. Otherwise a wheelie would kill your engine.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Unless you park your bike vertical i wouldnt give it any thought what so ever..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. Thanks.
I'm a bit bummed though... so much for hanging the bike from the front wheel.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.