Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, my latest Kawasaki is an early ER-6F (2007 full fairing model). But it looks very "Street Fighter" because all the lower fairing panels are missing and handlebar mirrors plus LED signals installed. Also the front fairing/windscreen is now triple-clamp mounted (LOOKS perfectly original) not frame-mounted so front-on could be my old KLE 500. Dunno where they found that metal mounting frame for it though.

Because it now turns with the bars I can't simply replace the belly pan and original side pieces so I WANT TO USE THE TWO C-SHAPED SIDE PIECES you'd find on an ER-6N, possible? Only after I'd registered it and ridden it home did I realise some genius had also thrown away the lower front engine mounts along with the plastics :cautious: So I've scrounged some and will cut off the fairing mounting tabs and repaint them so it looks less clunky. Objective is to cover the coolant reservoir on RS which sticks out like dog's balls!

Other than ordering them, then hoping if I can fit them or pestering an ER-6N (naked model) owner to let me try their bits on my bike this forum seems like my best chance of finding someone who's already done this. BTW I really prefer the F model looks to the N model with its quirky headlight and instrument cluster styling.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This site is your friend:

Scroll to the bottom.
Search your bike and note the part numbers you're trying to replace.
Search the bike you are trying to substitute parts from.

Same part # = guaranteed fit
Not same part # = some modification required

Note:
Color codes have no bearing on fitment
Abs or non abs has nothing to do with bodywork

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This site is your friend:

Scroll to the bottom.
Search your bike and note the part numbers you're trying to replace.
Search the bike you are trying to substitute parts from.

Same part # = guaranteed fit
Not same part # = some modification required

Note:
Color codes have no bearing on fitment
Abs or non abs has nothing to do with bodywork
Thank you for your reply Brad. This is indeed a way to find out whether the same part is used on other models (as a former Kawasaki Parts Department Manager in Canada I did this all the time). However it's not going to say whether a part on an N model will bolt straight on to an F model - because the parts I'm asking about only exist on the N(aked) model, they won't be listed for an F(ully Faired) model. Wouldn't be the first time someone's moved bits between similar bikes though; These bikes appear to have substantially the same frames (and engines) in any given year. Felix.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
The front light - windshield assembly looks a bit chubby with the fairings removed, that's my only gripe. And I would swap the coolant reservoir for a bottle type aftermarket item just for looks. If I wasn't able to fit the n bodywork that is. Interesting result and nice try overall!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts