Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Thanks GR for the review. I ordered the kit from Greece last week and it should be getting here this week!

I already have the tank off awaiting it to be in my mailbox. I had to clean the air filter anyway so now I'm just playing the waiting game!

· Registered
3,267 Posts
Thanks GR for the review. I ordered the kit from Greece last week and it should be getting here this week!

I already have the tank off awaiting it to be in my mailbox. I had to clean the air filter anyway so now I'm just playing the waiting game!

You are welcome, it's small enough to fit in a regular letter envelope so I hope it will get to your mailbox fast!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
7 Posts
I got mine installed last night. Very easy process. I am having one issue though... I have everything back in place except for the little black box/plate that I took off to make it easier to unplug the fuel pump lead connector. Its on the left side of the bike (when sitting on the bike) right beside your inner thigh.

It has 1 screw that goes in, but the fuel connector doesn't fit inside it (pretty sure it doesn't go inside) but there's no "slot" that the cable can go through without putting stress on the cable. Not sure how it was before I took it off since I removed it ~2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

· Registered
7 Posts
I'll be doing my install this weekend and will check the steps to see if I run into this or not. If so I'll send you a message.

But from reading the instructions not sure why you had to remove that part.
Sounds good, thanks! I removed it because the cable didn't have enough slack for me to unplug the connector. You have to stick a screwdriver in the tab and lift. Only reason you have to remove the connector is to take the tank off.

· Registered
3,267 Posts
I got mine installed last night. Very easy process.

I am having one issue though...

Great, let us know what you think of it!

Pay special attention to that first ride before getting used to the changes :)

Unfortunately I didn't have to remove the plate so I can't help with that.

I am sure you will work out a solution though!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
7 Posts
So, I went out for a 30 min ride today. Man it was AMAZING. The throttle felt smoother, only a few backfires. I did also have to adjust my chain so that made the ride much better as well.

If any of you are on the fence about doing it, DO IT! Get the kit that comes with everything (so the FI light doesn't come on). Thanks GR Rider! Here's my bike:

· Registered
74 Posts
OK guys. As promised I've posted my installation notes in the HOW TO section:

http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-faqs/312889-how-install-smart-moto-pair-valve-eliminator-kit.html

apowel34 - I did not have to remove that plat you rant into but then I have an ER6N so it's not identical to yours. I was able to slip my hand in to get to the lower snorkel.

Everything went pretty smooth. Ran into some issues with the tank vent hoses which were stuck but got them sorted out with some hose pliers.

Performance was great! No pops except at 4th and 4k RPM. And then only a couple. Felt smooth.

I'll be playing with this to see how it goes.

Check out the HOW TO and let me know if I need to add any additional notes.
http://www.kawiforums.com/how-tos-faqs/312889-how-install-smart-moto-pair-valve-eliminator-kit.html

· Registered
74 Posts
Follow up...

I went for a 2 hour ride yesterday. Bike performed great. Minimal popping more like a light rumble. Throttle felt smooth and the shifting was nice.

Not to mention this was my first long ride with my new bars which also were a marked improvement over the stock.

Time to move on to my next project.

· Registered
3,267 Posts
So, I went out for a 30 min ride today. Man it was AMAZING. The throttle felt smoother, only a few backfires. I did also have to adjust my chain so that made the ride much better as well.

If any of you are on the fence about doing it, DO IT! Get the kit that comes with everything (so the FI light doesn't come on). Thanks GR Rider! Here's my bike:
Very glad to know that you saw improvement :)

Enjoy your beautiful bike :cheers:

· Registered
3,267 Posts
Follow up...

I went for a 2 hour ride yesterday. Bike performed great. Minimal popping more like a light rumble. Throttle felt smooth and the shifting was nice.

Not to mention this was my first long ride with my new bars which also were a marked improvement over the stock.

Time to move on to my next project.
Great, I am glad it worked out for you too my friend!

I was on a bit of vacation and I was hoping to hear good news from the both of you :cool:

· Registered
5 Posts
I hope someone is going to answer my question here (topic is several years old now)

I got my bike apart right now (Er6n ABS 2011) and i'm also doing the pair valve trick. Because my scorpin exhaust is popping way to much.
My question is for the people who bought the Eleminator kit for the Pair valve and/or the O2 sensor.

Can somebody tell me what de ressistor value's are?
the ressistor ohm value of the pair valve connector?

And the ohm value of the ressistors of the O2 eleminator?

Edit: I'm afraid to blow up my ECU, i already saw that someone made a bridge with a 22Ohm ressistor and blew up everything costs around 1500$

Would be very nice!!!

Thank you

· Registered
17 Posts
My UK 2015 ER6n doesn't have some of the pieces shown in the pics, it's set up differently ie no square box with a pipe on the top of the airbox, see image of what it looks like.

I've got a full system, headers, decat and slip on all the same brand. I've also got a k&n air filter and will be getting a PCV and then a custom tune from a dyno. Do I need to remove the pair valve in this setup and use an O2 eliminator of some sort in its place?

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone.
I have read the topic with interest and I just wanted to buy a pair valve kit when the price went up (from about $ 20 to $ 32 - today). Now I'm wondering if I can use an ordinary resistor and silicone plugs for a few dollars. But I have a request if someone who has this set, could confirm that there is definitely a resistor of 22 OHM? Can someone measure it for me please?
I look forward to the answer.
Best regards.

· Registered
4 Posts
OK, I have measured the resistance of a pair valve, there was 20 OHM so I decide to install small resistor 20 OHM. It worked fine... for few minutes... and the FI indicator was turned on for good. When I looked for the reason of that, I found my resistor totaly burned. Finaly I have installed pair valve with silicone caps and all is fine for now. So I DON'T RECOMMEND to instal any ordinary resistors instead pair valve.

· Registered
75 Posts
OK, I have measured the resistance of a pair valve, there was 20 OHM so I decide to install small resistor 20 OHM. It worked fine... for few minutes... and the FI indicator was turned on for good. When I looked for the reason of that, I found my resistor totaly burned. Finaly I have installed pair valve with silicone caps and all is fine for now. So I DON'T RECOMMEND to instal any ordinary resistors instead pair valve.

If you used a 22 Ohm resistor in a 12v system, you were pulling 6.5w of power. I am assuming you used a 1/4w resistor and that's the reason it burned. For 1/4w resistors, you need 770 Ohm and higher, but less than 1k Ohm to trick the ECU. I generally use 1/2w 500 Ohm for pair valve bypasses. That will handle any voltage increase from the regulator or charging system. Wattage formula in a DC circuit is V^2/R. (Voltage squared / Resistance). Follow that formula to make sure you don't go over what the circuit is rated for, and you'll be fine next time.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts