Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Did this yesterday and rode out today. Mine was different to the rest of you it would seem, I guess model year 2015 is different,

This is the top of my airbox
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gWcH1O-33Y6QaxTPS6UPEKDOUTlusPfP3g

This is the bunged up pair valve
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_tvtzku4JIbw--KSbUmPEz8QoFaHolqejw

This is the end on the underside of the airbox which did go to the Pair valve, I blocked this too
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-CDMvjqFjtZS76zXmDLaCmsR7NgwK7fqxw

And these were the pipes removed
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18nyfTa94S8cHc0mYjCtaE9nrHSJoo0mPhQ

there were two pipes coming out the bottom of the airbox at the rear, a clear one and a black one. The clear leads nowhere so I'm guessing its a form of drainage, the black leads into the gearbox so maybe a breather pipe? If I've only half done the Pair valve removal then someone please tell me!

The bike certainly feels smoother on the throttle at low revs, less jerky. The nice burble in mid range when backing off is there still, not changed. The popping is maybe reduced by a third, it got more frequent the longer into the ride it got. It never really annoyed me as I liked doing it on command which I can still do but it's not as loud a pop now. I'm not sure if the next bit is my mind playing tricks on me, I'm sure there used to be a hissing/pulsing noise which was faint and you could only really hear it when you puled the clutch in while moving or when you were stationary... well this has gone.

I'm using a full akrapovic system (headers, decat and slip on with k&n filter, no PCV...yet)

Attachments

· Registered
75 Posts
there were two pipes coming out the bottom of the airbox at the rear, a clear one and a black one. The clear leads nowhere so I'm guessing its a form of drainage, the black leads into the gearbox so maybe a breather pipe? If I've only half done the Pair valve removal then someone please tell me!
Leave the clear one in place. That is a drain valve for any oil/water that collects into the air box. The black one also needs to stay. That is the vent for the gear box. Everything else you did looks fine. Just make sure you used high temp silicone plugs or they will deteriorate over time and cause an exhaust leak. That is the main reason for purchasing the block off plate. You will have no concern or worry about seal failure.

· Registered
17 Posts
After riding for some time after removing the PAIR valve I can confirm the popping is just as bad as before!! haha, no effect it would seem other than smoothing out the throttle and getting rid of a hissing noise audible at low speeds. I don't have a PCV yet so expect the bangs and pops to reduce dramatically with a custom tune on the bike. Still absolutely lovely to ride, never had so much fun on two wheels, last few weeks have been great weather and great riding.

Shiny side up people.

· Registered
7 Posts
I did that mod as well, but I don't remember the U shaped hose though. Only the top one on your picture. I did have a PC5 so there was near no popping. I sold the bike this year but still have the PC5 if you are interested.
How much do you want for it? I tried to pm you but I need fifteen posts. I thought I was pm'ing you but I sent a visitor message instead and you didn't see it. I found out there's two different variations one that does fuel and fuel+ignition. I have paypal or I could pay another way.

Does anyone know what size silicone caps I need to order?

· Registered
1 Posts
I got a good question for y'all boys I got a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r I had it running the other day popped the relay box I soldered the piece of flat wire that was actually on the circuit board back together popped it again now all the bike is doing is backfiring it's back firing on the right hand side of the bike and it's blowing the whole entire f** throttle body straight out of the rubber boots tell me what y'all think it is it's throwing a code 64 which is the pair valve the pair valve was hooked up now it's not hooked up the hoses are not hooked up it should not be back firing even though it's not hooked up I've had the same running with the pair valve installed and uninstalled

81 - 91 of 91 Posts