Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1249 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw the need to start a thread for ER-6Ns as 650Rs aleady have one. Show off your nekkidness (by that, I mean your bikes.... :) ) Members posting their photos will get rep points for posting!

Thread guidelines: To keep this thread on topic; specifically additions of Members ER-6n photos, please PM individuals your questions/comments rather than posting in this forum - unless you're adding your photos as well. If you like someones photos, go ahead and add to their rep! Thanks!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's my ride - let's see everyone elses six-n's please!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Just received this 2009 ER6n from a friend who's leaving the country and had to sell.

Going to make it into a track bike I think.

Bone stock except for the Two Bros pipe and custom paint and Givi screen.

Oh yeah- he made a custom "touring" seat that's taller than stock. Don't like it much so will make a new seat asap.

The Givi screen is cool and works surprisingly well despite its diminutive size-

Oh yeah, forgot the crash protectors-

I'm a happy camper! :D

Ride On!

Tony

·
Registered
12 Posts
ohhh, good. Thanks for creating this thread.

I have been looking into getting one of these bikes for the past month now which brought me to register here and read up on the user oppinions. I started out with a strong interest in the SV-650 but am completely sold on the looks, stance and reviews about the ER-6n.

Are us Americans still limited to only the blue or have they released any other colors here yet?

Keep the pics coming.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2010 ER-6n's in the States come in Metallic Flat Black Spark (LINK HERE). The thing looks really menacing all blacked out. Member raized1199 should be posting his in this thread sometime soon I should hope, you'll see what I'm talking about. (If you can't wait he's got a pic in the 650R PICs thread) Not sure what Kawi has slated for the US in 2011. This year in Canada for 2010 Kawi is offering Pearl Blazing Orange and Black (Gloss) LINK HERE I'll edit this post if I can find what is in store for 2011.

Regardless, I don't want to misdirect my own thread, so getting back to the topic, ER-6n riders POST YOUR PICS PLEASE !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Sweet photos. Too bad they don't have matte/flat black over here. Only metallic black. Will be getting mine in a few days time. Will share it when I get some shots.
A Flat Black paint job on an ER6n really shouldn't be very expensive. :violent:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just put them on yesterday, next up is a set of engine guards/corbin seat and a wider set of handlebars.

Looks like you're going touring. With the stock seat I find after about 1 1/2hr I need to take a rest stop and walk around a little, with the seat being a little too hard. Check around the forums here (search) I think I read that someone said the Corbin isn't all that much better than stock, and they gave some other options for seats. That said, I'm planning on a group ride with friends, and would like some hard luggage like that. Who makes that set you have on your bike?

Thanks for the pic - and lets see everyone elses please!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the hard luggage cases. I'm actually going to be in the market of something like that to transport my laptop and work. If you don't mind me asking, what brand, cost and opinions do you have about them?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey fellas, they are givi luggage.... the top case is a E45 monokey and the side cases are V35's. The entire setup was 963 dollars which included shipping from sporttour.com

I'm very happy with the setup, the instructions were easy enough and I had zero issues putting it all together...as another poster said....just leave everything really loose so you can adjust it to line everything up, you also have to relocate the rear turn signals.

Fiftyfour, if you are looking to transport a laptop, I'd consider a larger case than the E45 so you could leave the laptop in it's bag/case for protection as mine will fit but it's tight....17 inch screen lap top.

Appreciate the thread heads up for alternate seating Jailer, cheers!

·
Registered
35 Posts
What mounting kit did you use for the bags (part numbers if you have em). I need to do this to my 6f before fall.

Mr. Url heya.... purchased the entire setup from sporttour.com.... the kits are the Givi FZ449 top mounting hardware and PLX449 side case mounting hardware.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't bother with the Corbin.

Check this out:
DIY Motorcycle Seat

After seeing the above site, I got the courage up, unstapled my seat cover, and took mother's electric turkey carving knife to the foam seat.

The main problem with the ER6n seat is not the density of the foam. Rather, it is the SHAPE of that foam. It basically puts all of your weight (at least in my case) on a single pressure point. I'd call this area the "taint" area. LOL. Also, the seat has this ridiculous front to back upward slope thing going on that makes your hips tend to roll forward, which in turn makes you sit on your balls, which isn't good at all.

Solution: You need a flatter area upon which more surface area of your butt can make even contact. Spreading your body weight across more of your bum, rather than in just one or two pressure points.

The result of my carving is easier to see in person, but it basically removes the front to back upward sloping by shaving it flat, ending in a more sudden and abrupt upward "jut" to the passenger perch. Moreover, it removes the side to side curve that left you with only your taint to sit on. So its flatter front to back and side to side. It is super comfortable now. You have NO IDEA.

I tried to take some nice pictures so you can see the difference. I don't find the pictures do it justice at all. I removed a LOT of foam. Now the drivers seat is so much more comfortable. I'll be honest, my DIY projects ALWAYS end up with me screwing up badly, then requiring me to fix it by buying something expensive. But this time, it worked out perfectly!!! Just make sure to only do small shavings. If you do too much you're shafted. So literally, take 1mm off, then look, then 1mm more, then another mm. and so on. If you take too much, you'll have to try and glue it back on, which isn't too hard, but still, better to avoid the hassle. Only thing now is some Marine Grade vinyl to finish it off. I want a nicer material than was on it stock... Right now all I have on it is an electrical taped garbage bag. Looks ghetto, but works for now.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1249 Posts