Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a 2009 ER6. I've had it for a few years now. Completely standard.
The other day i was riding & the bike cut out, i came to a stand still and wouldn't start again.
I phoned the AA, they couldn't get it to start either, so i had recovery to get it home.

I have connected the Error 'cable' under the seat & it said Error 67 - Oxygen Sensor Heater.
I actually got a 2nd hand Sensor & checked the resistance on both old and new(er) sensor, they seem good, also the power going into the sensor is good. But still doesn't start.

I removed and checked O2 fuse & ECU fuse. Then replaced them, then it started.
Then today i've tried to start it & no luck.
I'll charge the battery up & try again tomorrow. But does anyone else have an idea what it could be? i'll try and see if i get the same error code today.

any genuises on here? :D
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Adam

·
Registered
545 Posts
See if it starts when the Battery has had a charge.
O2 Sensor heater code 67 won't stop the Bike running or prevent it starting.
When the Bike shows Code 67 the ECU shuts off current to the sensor no more, The Bike will still Start/Run

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See if it starts when the Battery has had a charge.
O2 Sensor heater code 67 won't stop the Bike running or prevent it starting.
When the Bike shows Code 67 the ECU shuts off current to the sensor no more, The Bike will still Start/Run
Thanks for your reply.
Fully charged and still no start. I pulled up the errors again. An additional error code 56 (Cooling fan relay) was showing today. My dad and I are out of things to try. I'll be phoning up the local garage in the morning & booking it in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since this first post. It has been starting one day and not starting the next.
I fully charged the battery, put more fuel in it and it still didn't start. The next day i tried it didn't start. So i lifted the fuel tank up, noticed a wire was trapped. Moved the wire and it started, i tried starting it for the last 3 days, success!
Tried it today, 1st time it didn't start....2nd time it did start & has started the last few tries.
I don't feel confident enough to go a ride on it just in case it loses power and i'm stranded.
I'm struggling!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
With so many random unrelated codes and your mention of having to charge the battery I'd say you have a bad battery. Kawasaki hasn't mastered the idea if functional charging systems apparently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I
Since this first post. It has been starting one day and not starting the next.
I fully charged the battery, put more fuel in it and it still didn't start. The next day i tried it didn't start. So i lifted the fuel tank up, noticed a wire was trapped. Moved the wire and it started, i tried starting it for the last 3 days, success!
Tried it today, 1st time it didn't start....2nd time it did start & has started the last few tries.
I don't feel confident enough to go a ride on it just in case it loses power and i'm stranded.
I'm struggling!!
Investigate that wire some more. What color and from where is it connected to. Check resistance from end to end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts