Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, hoping to find some help.

My 2010 ER6F has developed a really annoying vibration. I know these are viby bikes but this is a new vibration. I dont tend to notice the normal vibrations but this goes through the whole bike, including foot pegs and handlebars. Its quite a high frequency and numbs the hands etc while riding. Tends to be from about 3000-7/8000rpm. If i drop the clutch the vibration stops which makes me think maybe an engine issue?

I've had the chain, wheel alignment checked and all good. Today I stripped the bike to check bolts, mounting and more but they're all good.

Has anyone has any other issues similar and found a fix?? The bike used to be lovely to ride but this is becoming unrideable

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
126 Posts
Same happened to me and I'm still in the process of finding it out, i reckon it has to do with my loose oil pump chain but everyone says that's fine, apart from that, engine mounts, are the only other thing thats relatively easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah its frustrating as its an ace bike to ride when its going sweet. Getting mine on a rolling road and possibly remapped as think its running lean on one cylinder

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all

I am facing the same issue on my 2008 ER6n

The "extra" vibration goes from ~4k to ~7k
Mirrors are completely unusable at that time, high pitch vibes are going through the steering, footpegs
I am vibriting myself for a good 30 mins after an hour of riding..
I am also pulling the clutch in order to see if there is anyone behind me

Anybody found a complete or partial solution?

Cheers!
S.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts