Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought first motorcycle Er-6n couple of weeks ago and i must say im really happy with it. I'm in my mid 30's,not speed freak or anything.
After hearing a lot of opinions about er6n/650r being "beginners bike" i must say it's a damn fast bike and it really stood me by suprise.Some of you who
ride on 1000cc/600cc I4 are laughing but damn i measured about 8-9seconds to 160kmh(100mph).The fastest car i've been driven in was a subaru sti with 280hp but this bike would put to shame that sti.
Don't know what is considered fast for some people but im sure something like er6n that goes 3-4sec to 100kmh and 8-9sec to 160kmh can be considered a beast and can get you in trouble very quick.
So my question is:

Er6n/650r/sv650 are comparable in acceleration to 0-160kmh(100mph) to which cars?
Can they be on par with a cars like gallardo,f430,z06?(till 160-170kmh of course). Z750 with 30hp more would win so that means er6n would at least be on par with that cars till about 160kmh?
pretty incredibile for 8000$ bike:)

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
The acceleration of the 650 is on par with most 600s. Youll just get killed around 70 80 miles when 600s just start going into its fun band.

From a dig you may beat some cars if your laugh better. But again once above those speeds you'll lose. And remember you lack fairings so that's another disadvantage you got

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The acceleration of the 650 is on par with most 600s. Youll just get killed around 70 80 miles when 600s just start going into its fun band.

From a dig you may beat some cars if your laugh better. But again once above those speeds you'll lose. And remember you lack fairings so that's another disadvantage you got
Yeah i agree i can feel lack of hp when i pass 160-170kph mark.It still get decent acceleration but i don't mind as i will rarely pass 200+ mark.But nice to know i can go to about 215-220kph.

I was never interested in acceleration/speed stats of this motorbike but now that googled it, this bike goes flat 12sec(with decent rider) on 1/4 and 7.7sec on 1/8 which is comparable to supersports like f430,gallardo,sl65amg and other 400-500hp cars.
Above 160kph/100mph i would be left in dust but till 160 is pretty incredible it can be on par with those expensive fast supersport cars.
Makes me "respect" my bike even more:)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I tried to keep up with one of my co-workers in a Corvette one night. It didn't work. He blew by me going 105 while I was doing 80. Then he let me catch up to him and I paced him for a while. Then he stood on it. I got up to 120 trying to keep up, but lost sight of him and gave up.

Of course this was on a race track, since both of us are responsible and would never ever do something like that on public highways, even at 3 in the morning with no one else around.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to keep up with one of my co-workers in a Corvette one night. It didn't work. He blew by me going 105 while I was doing 80. Then he let me catch up to him and I paced him for a while. Then he stood on it. I got up to 120 trying to keep up, but lost sight of him and gave up.

Of course this was on a race track, since both of us are responsible and would never ever do something like that on public highways, even at 3 in the morning with no one else around.
Corvette z06? U should be close in acceleration(if you managed to lunch it good),both run flat 12 1/4

·
Registered
2,196 Posts

Corvette z06? U should be close in acceleration(if you managed to lunch it good),both run flat 12 1/4
It's not the ride or driver/rider skill that wins races it's how well they laugh and how well they ate :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
What I think is amazing is when you really look at the numbers.

Take the ninja 650r.
0-60 in 3.8-4.0 seconds with a quarter mile around 12 flat.

Now find me a car that matches that, or close to that...
WRX STI does 0-60 in 5.2 and a quarter in 14.0
Chevy Corvette Z06 does 0-60 in 3.8 and a quarter in 12.0
Lambo Gallardo (lp560-4) does 0-60 in 3.7 and a quarter in 11.9

Your really getting into "supercar" territory with cars that cost usually over 100k to meet or beat a stock 650r. Most people wouldn't suggest driving cars like that until you have had some
driving experience because that much power can overwhelm someone....yet something just as fast, only on 2 wheels and open instead of 4 wheels in a cage is considered something to begin on?

How does that make the least bit of sense? Yes the 650 is slower then a 600 or 1000 race bike....but calling it a real beginners bike is like saying you should start in a Z06 Corvette because cars like the Lambo Murciallago, Ferrari Enzo, and Bugatti Veyron are faster then a Vette, so it must be the beginners car.

It's just funny when you look at it in perspective.

·
Registered
653 Posts
bikes arent about going in straight lines....its about the turning and braking.....two tires are alot eaiser to make mistakes with than 4 tires....I should know :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts