Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been spending the last year working my ass off doing overtime to mod the bike bit by bit at the end of each pay check!
Each time i think im done spending money on the bike i find something else i like, Doh!
Anyways, i think im nearly done this time.....honest!!!!!!

I have seen a pic somewhere on the internet (probably one of my many searches on google) or maybe on here!
A er6n with smoked out front side pod turn signals or indicators.
I would really love a pair of these to finnish off the bike's look along with the smoked out headlight i have.

Has anyone on here got a pair of these turn signals or know of where i could buy a set from.

Thanks for listening

Horlicks

· Registered
8 Posts
I tried to find the exact item and company that i purchased mine from.

I ordered mine via Ebay. They sell for around $40.
I ordered from an american seller for faster shipping. The item arrived in a week.
I then watched this video to install the lights:
there are 2 parts. the video is lenghty but its thorough. I spent about an hour doing the install.

As for the license plate, I brought 2 small "L" brackets and screws. I mounted one side to the bike and another side to the plate. simple and plain.

As for the license plate light, In MD its not required. The plate must be visible.

The lights work well. In my opinion, get this whole "Smoked" idea out of your mind. We as riders are already not "visible" to the common driver. Why decrease that with a small smoked tail light. That is why i purchased clear.

Just my opinion.

· Registered
25 Posts
Hi All,

Not to be an ass, but I believe horlicks was referring to the front turn signals sjohn. horlicks I believe raised1199 may be able to steer you in the right direction on those turn signal covers that are smoked out.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,

Not to be an ass, but I believe horlicks was referring to the front turn signals sjohn. horlicks I believe raised1199 may be able to steer you in the right direction on those turn signal covers that are smoked out.
Its amazing how If i miss a few words, I can screw up a whole reply. lol

I apologize.

· Registered
360 Posts
... I believe raised1199 may be able to steer you in the right direction on those turn signal covers that are smoked out.
I think he just sprayed his black and then mounted some separate LED signals. That's what I remember from one of his threads anyway but I may have misunderstood.

· Registered
118 Posts
Why not just smoke your stock ones with some VHT nightshade? It like 10 bucks at any autoparts store.
I smoked mine myself. It is really easy to do. Spray a couple light coats to keep it from running and don't rush it. More than a few coats and it will be too dark and your indicators will be useless.

Attachments

· Registered
1,052 Posts
I used VHT on mine to darken them.
But to be of any use, they were just too purple for my liking.
I just put a few more coats on and blacked them totally out.

The "Mini Brites" are the same as the ones that come in the
Targa tail kit.
You can see them right below the headlight bracket.

...and to just totally highjack your thread...

lol

Some day, Ill paint them to match the stock paint like I did
the flyscreen.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
tinted headlight

Boys,
Im loving the pics of the bikes, they both look sweet!
I have been toying with the idea of changing the front headlight but decided to just tint it out by using a headlight cover!

Thanks for all the input and help

Would love to see more er6n mods photos if anyone wants to post any!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.