Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a question I want to change the sprocket of my er6n 2008 to have more power of acceleration as anyway now you can't really go top speed on the road "legally".

I have for the moment 15 in the front sprocket and 46 in the rear sprocket.
I was thinking of reducing the front one for a 14 but I know is like adding 3 dents to the rear sprocket.

And my question is if someone have done it, what is the best option? Reduce the front one to 14 or change the rear one for 47/48 keeping in mind that I still drive my bike everyday to go to work or ride on weekend.

Thanks all

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
187 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a question I want to change the sprocket of my er6n 2008 to have more power of acceleration as anyway now you can't really go top speed on the road "legally".

I was thinking of reducing the front one for a 14 but I know is like adding 3 dents to the rear sprocket.

And my question is if someone have done it, what is the best option? Reduce the front one to 14 or change the rear one for 47/48 keeping in mind that I still drive my bike everyday to go to work or ride on weekend.

Thanks all
Hey, changing the front sprocket is always easier. though I'd say it's not worth going shorter on the gearing. I think the gearing for this bike is right about spot on. If you go down a teeth on the front I think it will be way too vibey at highway speeds. It already sits at 6000 at 80mph with that gearing you'll likely be sitting around 6500. Plus 1st gear is already pretty short compared to similar bikes, with 14 teeth front it will be practically unusable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply it's what I was thinking maybe too short for this bike. But thanks anyway

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks all
It's better to change the rear sprocket if you want more torque or faster acceleration. It's easy to damage the front sprocket if you start going smaller. Might not hurt on a 6, but on an 11, it could cause some problems. I learned that from a friend that drags Prostock bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I may try with a 47 or 48 instead of the 46 from fabric for the rear one. And let see. I will let you know when done if someone have more info feel free to share for everyone that needs to knoww

1 - 5 of 5 Posts