Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently sold my old '99 SV650 and bought a 2013 ER6n but am having trouble with it feeling really wobbly at slow speed. When I pull off the handlebars seem to pull to one side and when I'm going slow in traffic it's really hard to keep in a straight line - it just feels really wobbly. I was wondering if anyone had any idea's of what the problem could be, tyre pressures are fine, tyres are in good condition etc. I've seen people mention topbox's causing something similar but mine doesn't have that fitted. The bike has done 6000 miles and doesn't have any obvious problems I can see.

I'm also sure it's not rider error, I've been riding for about 6 years and didn't have this problem on my old SV650 or on my Ninja 636 that I still have. I also learnt to ride on an ER6n and don't remember it feeling like this one, I wouldn't have passed the tests if it did!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hello and welcome!

There are several possibilities. It could be uneven tire wear, old tires, tweaked forks (loosen the lower triple clamp, wiggle the handlebars back and forth, then tighten the clamps back up), loose steering stem head nut(s) or old/worn steering stem bearings, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts