Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Looks pretty clean. Where did you get the photo/who offers it? I searched but couldn't find anything for the'03.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Mred..Go to Indy superbikes.com thats where I got my undertail. I had to grind a little under the toolkit holder thingy, to make it fit. Its for the 03 zx6r. It is pretty cool.

B Roach

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Damn, I can't see spending $175 for an undertail. I was looking for an alternative because my flushmounts suck. You can barley see them...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Are the turn signals bright?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, they are very bright, but very little. i just give a hand signal anywayz if im in heavy traffic, im probly a dork giving the hand signals, but oh well, i love life more than pride. hehe

·
Registered
164 Posts
i have the ermax undertail on my zx6rr. i would show you a pic if i knew how to work the attachment thing,im logged in and it tells me im not. oh what the hell. ill tell a little about it. it looks nice no mods for installation. but if you get it. your going to have to buy bigger lights because the ones that come with it are to small and not bright + they make your blinkers fast. so i took some flushmount turnsignal bulbs and use those {bulb,plug,with wires}and now their bright and lookin good.take you oem license plate braket and use that. i would recomend shaving the corners off your plate to make them more visible

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by fithy

i have the ermax undertail on my zx6rr. i would show you a pic if i knew how to work the attachment thing,im logged in and it tells me im not. oh what the hell. ill tell a little about it. it looks nice no mods for installation. but if you get it. your going to have to buy bigger lights because the ones that come with it are to small and not bright + they make your blinkers fast. so i took some flushmount turnsignal bulbs and use those {bulb,plug,with wires}and now their bright and lookin good.take you oem license plate braket and use that. i would recomend shaving the corners off your plate to make them more visible
if you have email i can send you a pic because this forum doesnt let me attatch any thing

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00305.jpg

Here is a closeup of my license plate location. Its still hard to see because of the angle of the photo (but thats my intention) I used a 1 inch strip of Velcro and attached it to the black portion of battery box that hangs down a bit. I attached the other peice of velcro to my license plate. I have driven a few hundred miles with it and it has no movement whats so ever. it really works great and you cant see my license plate unless you are facing the rear of my bike and are within a few feet of my bike. Look right above my foot rest. its the little slither.

·
Registered
164 Posts
godsdozer every one tells me to get an akrapovic pipe. but how does it sound and for the price are you getting your moneys worth

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im not into noise, im into performance and quality. but the sound is deeper than stock, and at about 6,000rpms its simply Akrapovic:). PRICE, well i would have paid more for it than what i did, if that tells ya anything. i was really tossed back and forth for a couple months trying to decided between ARATA full exhaust, and the akra Evolution. i went to a ducati dealership and saw one on an aprillia, when i saw the qaulity of the welds, and the black carbon muffler, it didnt take me long to decide. hope this helps.........GO akra:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Have you been screwed with yet for the license plate location? I was told as long as they can see it when they are behind you then you are okay. I was told this by a cop and he also said that they would only screw with you if you were riding like an ass.....
Did you use heavy velcro or something special to really hold?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just some 1" or so velcro from walmart. No stops yet from an officer, and i dont think there will be any problem. i do not display my inspection sticker, in Texas they are almost as big as our lisence plate:(

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sounds good, I think I will try it. Thanks for the pic.
Also where are some places to get an undertail, I am having a hard time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Ok I found two different types of undertails for my 636 (Hotbodies, & Ermac) and i was just wandering which is better. I am kind of leaning toward the hotbodies one due to the fact i can put the license plate on the battery tray but i am not sure if the ermac one has the licence bracket molded in or is it optional?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya im not sure about the ermax licescne plate being bolted in either. i have the hotbodies undertail on mine. just a word of advice on the hotbodies undertail, take your time trimming it. start your triming from the front portion of the undertail, and work towards the rear. ive done two of them:( but, the one hotbodies sent to me the first go round, was not a good mold, the holes did not match up. the second was good though.

godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00294.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by jayt0625

yeah i think the Ermac one has the iron plate holder molded into it. i found the hotbodies one for 175 is that good?here is a picture of the ermax undertail
here is a picture of the ermax undertail
fithy has attached this file: p1010001.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.