Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki ER6F
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

just wondering whether anyone has had a similar issue?

Fault Code 12 came up. Today I stripped the bike down and was kinda hoping I’d find a split in the breather hose running from the sensor to the throttle body (as this was a possible cause someone mentioned on YouTube). But nope, hose seemed fine.

I back probed the sensor and got an input reading of 5v that seems to be inline with the specs in my Haynes manual. However, the output reading was also 5v. Haynes says this should be a lower reading between 3.8 & 4.2v they suggest replacing the sensor if this is the case.

Before I pay for a new one, just thought I’d ask on here for any advice, maybe someone else experienced same issue?

symptoms I’ve experienced were EML / rough idle / Backfire with occasional purple flames out of the exhaust / felt a little lumpy through acceleration prior to the EML showing up on the dash

All the Best

Nate

·
Registered
542 Posts
What year is your Bike ?
Inlet Air Temp & Air Pressure Sensors are the same so it might be worth swapping the 2 sensors and see if the code changes in which case it's a faulty sensor.

·
Registered
2014 Kawasaki ER6F
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case anyone comes across this post after experiencing the same problem, I thought I’d provide an update.

I replaced the IAP sensor and the bike runs like a dream now. I was a little nervous before ordering in case it wasn’t that, as the sensor itself wasn’t cheap - £160 the cheapest I found online here in the UK (New).

But now it’s fixed, it seems money well spent. Part number 211760111

1 - 4 of 4 Posts