Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading last week about europe style headlights. how they have little lights in the upper conners. so i went to my bike and began to take the upper side covers off, and found that there is a depression where the lights should be. i had a set of blue laser bolts from a old bike and started to install them, when i was done it looked great. they stay on like running lights but sence i use the front turn singals for a ground they blink, take a look tell me what you think

fishing1231 has attached this file: 100_0947.jpg

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
thats looks real trick. good custom job.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks neat but is a blue light up front legal? I just know some cop with nothing to do would write me up a bogus ticket.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Originally posted by bizbad

Looks neat but is a blue light up front legal? I just know some cop with nothing to do would write me up a bogus ticket.
My friend has a red light installed on his 2000 ZX6R. That small little light on top of the headlights, you know that one I'm talking about...anyway. A cop gave him a warning about it but I agree, a less nice cop would give a ticket for immitating a police vehicle. He just said he bought the bike used and it was like that he thought it was stock and he doesn't know how to take it out :D

Good job on the lights. Very nice!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hey "fishing1231" could u pls post some instructions on how to insatll those laser bolts above headlights how did u get the laserbolts to stay in place ??
Much appreciated in advance...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
some one did post instuctions above, but instead of drilling a hole(you dont want any debtis falling into headlight)i took a drill bit smaller then the laser light and heated it up with a tourch, and silicon it in.

·
Registered
331 Posts
just a note to everyone: DO NOT buy the Yamaha sockets like i did. They're too deep, and you wont be able to fit it in there... off to plan B [:p]

·
Registered
997 Posts
The instructions are under construction does anyone else have a copy they could post please???

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeah, my web site server took a dump. i have to upload my entire site again. give me till the end of the day...

·
Registered
331 Posts
instructions are back up... but still not complete. just dont spend the $15 or $20 on the Yamaha sckets like i did. i used standard 194-type bulb sockets and had to shove 'em in tight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.