Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today on a ride, I took Skeeter with me. She is a 6 year old Khaki Campbell.
She rides on the bike in a box that attaches magnetically to the gas tank. For the most part shes calm and stays in it, but once in a while she'll see something that makes her excited to jump out and go after it, not a good thing at 70mph! Skeeter likes attention, and likes to honk at people when we're stopped at traffic lights to get herself noticed.

So as a reward for not trying to commit suicide she got some playtime on the beach today, too.

Here is a few shots of she and my 250 on Palafox Pier in downtown Pensacola:

Here is Skeeter doing her impression of Indian Larry! (R.I.P. Larry!)
Or you could say Rose on the Titanic... depends on your company.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Can't say I've ever seen pictures of a motorcycle with a duck model posing on it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Haha yeah.. that definitely has to be a first for me too!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'd be really careful, man. It's a known fact through the MSF course that people who ride with ducks on their tanks greatly increase their odds to quack up! :p

That's cool... I can't get my cat on my bike for nothin'.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't say I've ever seen pictures of a motorcycle with a duck model posing on it.
Hehe, I had a crowd when I was taking those pics, and the people say exactly that sort of thing anywhere I take her.

I'd be really careful, man. It's a known fact through the MSF course that people who ride with ducks on their tanks greatly increase their odds to quack up! :p

Thats because your cat is a pussy! :tongue:

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
You're not kidding.

I'd try putting Chairman Meow in his cat box and on the back of the bike, but he'd likely get revenge later on :D Cats by nature are evil... I need to get a duck!

·
Registered
68 Posts
What the duck?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I never realized that people actually had pet ducks... interesting to say the least.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
Today on a ride, I took Skeeter with me. She is a 6 year old Khaki Campbell.
She rides on the bike in a box that attaches magnetically to the gas tank. For the most part shes calm and stays in it, but once in a while she'll see something that makes her excited to jump out and go after it, not a good thing at 70mph! Skeeter likes attention, and likes to honk at people when we're stopped at traffic lights to get herself noticed.

So as a reward for not trying to commit suicide she got some playtime on the beach today, too.

Here is a few shots of she and my 250 on Palafox Pier in downtown Pensacola:
First off, naming a duck after anything to do with skeet is on the same level as naming a three-legged-dog Lucky. Wrong, but really effing funny. :Laughing rolling:

Second...do you have like a lid or something on the box so the duck can't commit stupidcide? I'd be worried about the little bastard just jumping out of the box at speed.

I never realized that people actually had pet ducks... interesting to say the least.
I was in Mexico City a few years back doing some pro bono work stuff and one of the houses we went to, the lady had a pet duck, and the duck would wander away, and she'd say, "Ben...Ben, here!" and tap the ground and the duck would turn around and walk back to her. I exclaimed, "That's so awesome, I want a pet duck named Ben!" Everyone I was with just sorta looked at me very confused. It wasn't until later they informed me that she was actually saying "ven aqui", not "Ben, aqui"... spanish for "come here". I felt dumb. :D

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
WTD.....I would be more worried about the duck flapping wings at speed and slamming me in the face or something then it actually jumping out of the box. To each his own and i am sure it is a pretty funny and interesting sight to see you choking your duck to keep him in the box while riding...lol

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
First off, naming a duck after anything to do with skeet is on the same level as naming a three-legged-dog Lucky.
My girlfriend at the time actually named her, Skeeter had a brother named Scooter, she was trying to carry out the whole Muppets theme.

Second...do you have like a lid or something on the box so the duck can't commit stupidcide? I'd be worried about the little bastard just jumping out of the box at speed.
No lid on the box, I worry that if I did take a spill, that she wouldn't be able to get away and would become trapped. Its better that she can *sorta* fly to safety as best as she can. She really is too fat to fly, but she can surely do better than I can!

WTD.....I would be more worried about the duck flapping wings at speed and slamming me in the face or something then it actually jumping out of the box. To each his own and i am sure it is a pretty funny and interesting sight to see you choking your duck to keep him in the box while riding...lol
Yep, shes face-flapped me a couple times when we first went for a ride. Shes since learned thats a bad idea. It hasn't happened since. Of course with the box in front of my chest, and between both my arms, shes kinda trapped anyways. But on the first corner we took the first time out, she decided to leap, I just grabbed a handful of feathers and threw her back in the box.

Does your duck wear gear and scream "AFFLACK!!" a lot while you're riding? :eek:
I haven't found a duck-sized helmet yet, or else she would, yep! :cool: As far as screaming AFLAC, shes the wrong type of duck for that, but she still tries though. Hehe.

pretty smart duck there.Training you to ride a bike and all.How did you become her pet?
I was at a friend's house who had 21 ducks, and Skeeter picked my girlfriend out of the bunch of us. When the woman became problems and Skeeter threw her out, Skeeter decided that I could stay with her. After that, Skeeter taught me all sorts of things: riding bikes, cooking, electrical engineering, television production, PC repair and musical theory.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What made you think about taking a duck for a ride on a bike in the first place? Let alone creating a magnetic box for it to ride in.

I might put some magnets on my hamster's ball and take him for a ride.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts