Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well just finished installing the first phase of mods to the bike (just hit 700 miles on the girl), let me know what you guys think. (btw, chicken strips are so big because i havent hit the canyons yet :p)

:cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man the bike looks sweet , hows do you like the rails ? any leg to rail clearance issues ?
Leg to rail clearing is great while riding... but i did notice while at a light, or while your legs are down.. you could touch... but nothing drastic. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
very tastefully done, gorgeous mate

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks sweet man.

Just need a cowl and to kill the rear pegs imo (unless you ride 2 up of course :))
yeah any good links on a cowl? i havent looked around, but if you guys got a place i can get one for a deal, i might have to get that next.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Your bike looks sweet man! You got the same rail sliders as me. Honestly, how long did it take you put them on, be honest man how long it take? How was that right side engine bolt and what did you use? Did you let the bike warm up to 200 like some people say? Did you use a wrench and breaker bar or a socket and breaker?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your bike looks sweet man! You got the same rail sliders as me. Honestly, how long did it take you put them on, be honest man how long it take? How was that right side engine bolt and what did you use? Did you let the bike warm up to 200 like some people say? Did you use a wrench and breaker bar or a socket and breaker?
you know what... it probably took me about an hour and a half to two hours... i threw on my fender eliminator kit right before, so i wasnt gauging out the time.

as for the install, it was fairly easy, i didnt take off the fairing completely, just enough to pull it to the side and get to the bolts... the right side was fairly easy as well, i just used a standard socket wrench, no breaker... left side was also easy. i think the part that took the longest was figuring out how to take off the fairing, (did right side first, and thought i had to take off the whole fairing, but half way through i noticed i could get to the boly without doing it... so the left side i did in half the time. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bike looks great...seems like you have or want a lot of the same mods that i want lol...

BTW you can find a cowl on ebay for around $120, hope that helps

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bike looks great...seems like you have or want a lot of the same mods that i want lol...

BTW you can find a cowl on ebay for around $120, hope that helps
awesome ill have to look into that, thanks :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts