Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed my new akra evolution exhaust system on my 03' 6RR. i took some pics for you guys to see. the installation is a breeze (im not real mechanically inclined) and each part just fit like a glove. i also installed a power commander with a downloaded map from power commanders website for the akrapovic full race exhaust system. im not sure if the full race exhaust map is perfect for the evolution exhaust system, but they did not have one specifically for the evolution system. anywayz im gonna try to slip off to dallas, tx to get it on the dyno soon. i will tell you one thing, i rode this bike for 1500 miles before putting this system on, this bike has come alive since the istallation of this system. im more than pleased. the sound is sweet, not too loud but the power once you hit about 5,000 rpm is simply awsome. i bought this system at HARDRACING.COM they had it at
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00300.jpg
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00301.jpg
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00304.jpg
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00307.jpg
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00305.jpg
godsdozer has attached this file: dsc00306.jpg my door in 4 days total price was 1522.00 (power commander included).

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah, as I've mentioned, I ride with a guy who put the same system on an '03 6RR and his bike was completely transformed with the exhaust. And the 12 pound savings isn't too shabby either.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice looking. I have the Akra slip on carbon fiber. It is also pretty quiet and don't really make any noise til after about 7k then it starts to make a little deeper tone and the power starts flowing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How long did entire installation take??...Was the power commander just as easy to install?....I'm thinking about getting the Evo system but with the Titanium Pipe.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
installation of the exhaust and powercommander took about 4 1/2 hours total. im no mechanical genius, so someone with more brains than me it may take less time. the power commander took up half the installation time due to the removal of rear tail section, seat,gas tank, air box, and a couple of three hoses. i highly recommend this exhaust system with power commander to all. it makes these bikes alive with power especially at the 5000rpm all the way to the red line. its simply awsome.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ya, i dont have a lap-top, so i just downloaded the FULL AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST MAP from powercommander website prior to the installation of the power commander on my bike. i did this via the 9 volt battery adapter supplied with the powercommander and using my home computer. im planning on taking my bike to dallas soon to have it put on a dyno so ill post the results when i have them available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.