Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ex250 $4100?Salesman must think I'm a bimbo idiot!

4K views 101 replies 24 participants last post by  JRninja 
#1 ·
What are some techniques I can use to get the deal that I want on the 2006 EX250? I emailed him asking about it and this is what he says back: "Karena,

I am currently out of stock on the Ninja 250. I will be able to get one in a few days the price with tax title and prep would be $4100. Let me know if you would like me to pursue one for you. We have a great facility with full service and accessories department stocked with womens apparel. Let me know.

Thanks,

Jeremy"

I laughed when I read his offer, and wasn't surprised at it either. I emailed back saying that 4100 is alot, considering the msrp is $2999, and I just had a dealer offer me a Honda Rebel for $3400 including tax and title the day before, and the Rebel's msrp is actually higher than the ninja's. When he emailed me back again, his response was BS.

"I understand but you have to realized you are getting a more technologically advanced motorcycle with liquid cooling. I am here everyday except Thursday so any time that’s convenient just give me a call and let me know you are on the way. I wouldn’t be able to have the bike here to look at without a deposit because I would have to purchase the bike first from another dealer. I do have a few in for service that you could probably sit on to get the feel of it. Let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy"

I am meeting with him in a couple minutes, and am ready to give him my offer and my deadline, and be nonchalant about it. I want him to know that I'm not just a stupid girl who's dumb enough to believe everything that a salesman is going to bs to me, but what can I do specifically to help me get the price I want, if I talk to him later, after our first meeting?

See less See more
#5 ·
good idea.. anymore ideas? I think that it's justified to tell lies or white lies to salesmen when it comes to comparing, because they're willing to be slimy to you for an extra hundred in their pocket.

#6 ·
Honestly, you're better off not giving him the time of day if he again trys to sell it to you for more than MSRP.
You CAN buy one somewhere else for a better price.

I just checked buykawasaki's dealer locater, and there are 8 dealers within 25 miles of Naperville, IL.
Give them all a call, and see who's willing to make a sale.

BC.

#7 ·
like everyone else is saying... screw him hes a bad salesman... there are plenty of dealers out there and mostly all dealers price match or beat prices so just keep calling and your price will get lower and lower till it cant anymore and thats the best your going to get that guy just needs to learn how to sell bikes or talk to a different salesman at that place.

#9 ·
Originally posted by KarenaLei
good idea.. anymore ideas? I think that it's justified to tell lies or white lies to salesmen when it comes to comparing, because they're willing to be slimy to you for an extra hundred in their pocket.
I Sell Motorcylces.

If you lie to me, and I know when you do, I really lose interest in getting you any kind of deal.

I am not stupid, do not treat me like I am. The goal of any business is to tell its product for as much as the market will bear. If the price that I give is higher than you are willing to pay, you have a few options (instead of lying to me).

1. Make a counter offer. If the product you are looking for is not in a high demand, it is near the end of the month, has a sales incentive directly to me, or I am in a competition with someone else for sold units, I will see if I can get you the price you want.

2. Let me know your budget range and I can try to find a motorcycle that will meet the needs we have already dicussed and we can even NEGOTIATE a price on this new bike.

3. Leave

While the third option is one that I do not wish for. If you feel uncomfortable with your salesman, or your dealership, why buy a bike from them?

I may not be a typical salesperson, (but I might, I don't know) but it is a disservice to yourself and the industry for you to approach the situation with a negative attitude and the idea that "its okay to lie to this guy, he's just a 'salesman.'"

I know you probably won't believe me, but there isn't nearly the markup in motorcycles that one may think. I don't know how salespeople in other areas survive. I am lucky to live in Southern California, where the demand stays high year round and limited inventory definately keeps our margins higher than other parts of the US.

Bottom line, there are both good and poor salespeople alike in this business. If you are dealing with one that looks down on you because you are a female rider, or disrespects you in any other way, then do not give that person your business. Find someone that treats you as you like and, even if his price is similar, you may find yourself more willing to pay for GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Ultimately your decision (on price/new vs used, where to shop) is YOURS.

#10 ·
Good response, but I'm sure if I was dealing with a good honest salesman ( I have nothing against sales men and don't use it as a deragatory term) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't feel the need to lie. But in my interest, I agree that any salesman that pitches me $4100 and pretends that that is fair doesn't deserve my time.

#19 ·
Originally posted by Scoot250
so bk, you got your son on 2 wheels yet?
nope i am going to wait til he is 16 an get him a 6r. he can handle it, just hope he dont act like a dum ass.

karen, i would say that if you budget is limited, go for a used 250 they are hard to come by but at least you wont beat the hell out of a new bike:D and the place where i got my wifes at is the best place to deal with. i think they will ship it for free<<dont quote. just negotiate with htem and they WILL meet your price as long as it is reasonable. like i would say that if you offered them $3600-$3800 OTD they would prolly say yes, with cash in hand. and if they are negitiating good, get them to throw in a lid or leathers. most dealerships will condidering they wont you future business considering you WILL upgrade in a few years.

gl!! hope the advise helps!![8D]

the site that i got ours is motioncycle.com they are a local dealership so we just drove so i dont know about shipping but you can email them and ask.

#22 ·
For Sale: '06 Kawasaki Ninja 250! 10,731 miles. Bought from Wild West Kawasai In Katy with 2 miles on it, Its been broken in the right way.. Only dropped twice on right side. Well maintained 3,000 OBO [:M10] I have to sell it because i need a car for school [V] PM if anyone needs more details :D

#23 ·
Originally posted by KarenaLei
Thanks! I will look into it. but what do you mean by cash in hand, they wouldn't finance?
if you have perfect credit they will do in house but if not you will have to go to a loan agency, they will ask for collateral, and then they will give you x amount of $. then you go to the dealership and negotiate.;)

#25 ·
: [ I hear bad things about loan agencies and all that jazz.. > < WAAHHH I'm getting ooldddddd!!! I used to not even pay attention to all those commercials that claim that they will help you finance and refinance "bad credit no credit no problem" and blablabalbalbalbla... and NOW I feel bombarded by them and actually affected by them.. Are loan agencies really that bad... or what about bank loans..

#26 ·
bank loans you will need to have a good rep with them. and as far as loan companies...they will be fair, just dont try to screw them. just give them something of equil value to have as collateral and you will be fine. just take it smooth. dont try to rush anything or YOU will get screwed.

scoot, YOU cant just walk into a loan company and get a loan for 8k. they will want collateral. and to make sure you have a job, and the dealership wont put the bike in your name. it will haveto to into your parents name until your 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.