Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki vulcan s 650
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Im a new rider just got my license yesterday. Bought a kawasaki 650s vulcan used with 7k at a local motorcycle dealership. I test rode the bike but never went full throttle or gears test, it was not a proper test. It felt great i fell in love with it so did my wife. I was fresh out of msf on my first bike. Anyways did the paper work got the bike. After a drove a bit and got the courage to rev it i noticed it wouldn’t go past 5500k. I had to shift. Did the same on all gears. I dont know much about motorcycles but i do about cars and new it wasn't normal. So i though maybe is bad fuel. Fill the tank, rode the bike for a while and still same issue. Took it back to the dealer, i have a 1 month warranty with them. They took it apart did an ecu test and can’t figure out what it’s wrong with it. They say is something electricalto give them some time to figure out. I do have the option for a refund or get another bike. This all happened yesterday. I will call them today see what’s going on. An feedback would really help since im new to this.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hello and welcome!

It sounds like there may be an air hose or vacuum line that has come loose or is leaking. If they can't figure out what it is and fix it, I would get a refund and get a different bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts