Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my exhaust bracket has broke for the second time....what gives? I just looked at the 04 pics and their putting the same junk on it again. The tack welds seem to loosen and then the bracket breaks. No good...maybe the extended warrenty I bought will get me a Hindle instead of stock...considering I've broke 2 of those now. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their cans on the 636. by the way, those of us with the red 636's...think of yourself as lucky cause the 03's are the only year with red...to bad :p

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
this breaking under the bike where the headers come together into the s-pipe/elbow?
If so it's a known issue on the 03's, its actually caused by the material they use to fill the gap between the header pipes and the spipe/elbow. The material changes size under heat and that allows it to wiggle around and get loose. eventually causing it to break/fall off.

If you refering to tbe bracket that hangs the muffler off the passenger peg, I've never seen that break..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by joe789

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with their cans on the 636. by the way, those of us with the red 636's...
You're not the only one, the exhaust bracket of my blue (so it's problem for red AND blue models :) '03 became loose also. It is annoying as hell: if I rev it hard, the exhaust pops out... I have already ordered new bracket under warranty but most likely I will make better one myself or buy a slipon as the original design sucks.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah SOB happened with the new gasket for the first time today (it happened when I had my old gasket all the time) this time it flew off on the highway going around 230KM/h. I think the heat just kills the thing.

I'm seriously thinking about getting a nice quiet Yosh because of this. SOB!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I had both problems occur on my red 636. the bracket that goes around the pipe (the one connected to the passenger peg.) The can also fell off the S-pipe. I was riding..i guess pretty hard and it came loose and then it GOT LOUUUUUUUD. rode it liek that until i got home. There is a black little gasket thing in there and it was torn to shit. its like rubber and it has metal mesh..i just wedged it back on and tightened up the clamp again. who knows...this year..04 gsxr..i love the zx6r, but last week some old lady backed into it in a parking lot..upper/side right hand fairings, cracked, scraped and all of the above. front brake lever, bent to shit. exhaust can dented and scratched. broken right foot-peg and a bunch of other shit...doesnt ride the same. new bike for next season..but dont get me wrong..i LOVED THAT THING. later..sorry for punctuation...tired and at work..later

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
mine as fallen off alot. i got a new one form the dealer and it fell off again the other day. is it just stock or when i get custom will it fix this problem.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
An aftermarket exhaust will fix it.

My local Kawi dealer filed bankruptcy and he has my tires and my freaking exhaust. SOB isn't giving me any of my shit back and I have $600 credit with them. I got totally fucked...I'm so fucking pissed off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Beezer, You better get your ass to court with them. Money is something that shouldnt be toyed with. They have your money and you have the right to it back.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yeah, I contacted their stupid ass lawyer about their closing thing and they said they'd call me back and mail me some shit with the outcome.

Freakin bastards. Screwing the little guy oh and get this. Amount they're filing for. $450,000CDN.
You don't go bankrupt for that much money. That's total BS. And he's got at least 4 636's in there as well as some other used bikes...I better get some gear or some money or else I'm breaking in the place. Brake Pads, and Oil is what I'll be jacking :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
They have a recall for this bracket that everyone is bithcing about, so take your bike to the dealer and they'll replace it, and that is that!

·
Registered
534 Posts
RED RAWKS!
was this the one about the recall?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.