Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a full akrapovic exhaust and power commander, i was just wondering if it should be back firing on me almost everytime i let off the throttle or even close the throttle a little bit. The bike has been mapped since the addition of the exhaust as well, not sure which map, but the guys at the shop said they got it from akrapovics website.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
It's going to have some popping, that is normal. The Kleen mod. (search it if you don't know what it is) is one thing that you do to decrease the amount of popping. You may also wanna hook your PC3 up to a computer to make sure that the right map is loaded. Lastly, if you wanna spend the $$, a custom tune will also help get rid of some of that popping (not to mention, the bike will run better).

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
No defaintly shouldn't be backfiring everytime. Sometimes is normal, but everytime isn't....

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
mine used to pop and backfire all the time. Rarely does any damage, so unless it's really annoying you or the neighbours, don't sweat too much bout it. Tis cool at night too
Anyway, the best map will be one that's dyno'd in on your bike. Not of any website in the world, no matter how good they say the map is. Only a good dyno dude will get the most power and least popping out of your bike, since each bike is different from the next

1 - 5 of 5 Posts