Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the difference between a titanium exhaust system and a carbon exhaust system? for full and slip-on? is there also a difference in hp output if the can is longer or shorter?
thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Obviously the material. Carbon will not get as hot, and it weighs less. I've heard carbon can deteriorate faster (due to the elements). Hp output from the size of a can shouldn't matter, I don't think.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There is very little difference at all in the weight of carbon fiber and titanium cans. Take Akrapovic for example. Their Evo systems are available in either format, and there is no weight difference between them. Neither is sound or power output affected by either material. Sound comes from the internals, not the cannister material.

And careful how you word that question. "Exhaust systems" are not available in carbon fiber, cannisters are. We're only talking about the cannister material, because the exhaust system (pipes) itself will run either stainless steel or titanium.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yea, thanks dj
but i saw an ad in a mag listing prices for a full exhaust system for Akrapovic that was available in titanium or carbon so that's why i put it in too

·
Registered
202 Posts
From what i remember 10 yrs ago Muzzy cans were about 3inches shorter then they are today. I had both short & long cans for my 89 zx7, I didnt feel a diffrence but when i called muzzy on it they told me the longer can makes more power.I liked the shorter one they looked better and thats why i called muzzy. just my 2cents Barry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.