Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhaust Discoloration

708 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dj dunzie 
#1 ·
Well, assuming that you have the 03 model, I think everyones does the same thing. The catalytic converter in the exhaust builds up one helluva temperature, which is most likely the cause of it. Using chrome polish on it shouldn't hurt it at all. I use polish on mine as well, so I think that it is fine.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

#3 ·
My stock exhaust is starting to turn yellow when it gets hot. Does anyone know why it's like that? I cleaned it and dryed it and everything. It looks good when it's cold or just warm but when I'm riding it turns into an ugly yellow.

Any ideas? I'm about to use this chrome polish that I use on my Camaro's rims on it. Any input if it'll screw it up even more?

A computer is only as smart as the person sitting infront of it.

#5 ·
Man oh man... I'm telling you... I'm more and more impressed with this Akrapovic every day...

The titanium pipe is turning a really sweet rainbow/purple tinge now, and as if it wasn't beautiful before... droool...

The sound is extremely high-quality too... fairly mellow at idle, but when it revs, it sings sweetness... my riding bros are very impressed and the compliments are unreal. It's opened up the top end a fair chunk too by seat of the pants dyno... haven't had it in yet to do the real dyno, but it's in the works...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.