Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2007 ninja 250. I rode it for about two weeks before I had to put it away for the winter. I changed the oil, and oil filter and started the bike up and it ran just fine until I started to drive it to the gas station to fill it up. I stopped at a stop light right down the street and suddenly there was smoke coming from the engine. I turned around and drove it home and parked it in the driveway to see where the smoke was coming from. It was coming from (where I think it was coming from) was one of the exhaust pipes (seen in the picture right behind the shifter). It didn’t smell like anything was burning and it would only smoke a lot when I put it in gear and was driving it. Just trying to see if anyone has had this problem before or would know what it is/how to fix it. Any info helps, thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
A nice first post with info and Pictures (y) (y)
It is most likely the Gasket between the down pipe and the after market end can that's leaking.
Make sure the clamp is tight (Green Arrow) if it is then you need to remove the end can at the Clamp Green Arrow and replace the Gasket Black Arrow and that should sort the issue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts